Thursday, February 15, 2018

Coffee Date: 2017 In Review

Hey yall!! I haven't blogged since 2016... woah. Lately I have had a pull on my heart to blog again. Not sure why, but we are going to go with it. Since it has been WAY too long since I have blogged let's get caught up. What do you think?!

A lot happened in 2017... here are some of the highlights..

- Bought a house
- Found out I am going to be an aunt - Baby Braxton will make his appearance in April
- Our house flooded in Hurricane Harvey
- Got married
- Rescued another dog, Murray
- Worked a lot

2017 was a rollercoaster year for us. Really high highs and low lows. Hurricane Harvey was tough. It put both Jake and I in a funk. Dealing with losing 90% of everything you own will do that to anyone. We didn't know how to process it. As weird as it sounds, we didn't grieve the hurricane, but we needed to. After a lot of late night talks, love and support from our friends and family, and each other we got through it. On the other side of things the hurricane brought us a lot of joy. You may be giving me the dog look right now... but the amount of support and love that was shown to us during the hurricane still brings both of us to tears. We had so. many. people come to help muck out our house, bring us food, clothes, beer, a good laugh, a night away, etc. You name it people helped and had us covered. We have the BEST family and friends. The very best. We could not have done it without them. Seriously. No way.




Now a little brag session about my husband (will never get old saying that)... going through the hurricane made me want to marry Jake more. He is the man God created for me. That man yall! He is SO strong. Like unbreakable strong. He is the calm in the storm. He is a hard worker and does whatever it takes for our family. He is amazing AND I get to call him my HUSBAND!! Ahhh! Life with him is complete! 

Our wedding was amazing and everything I could of ever dreamed of and more. We got married by the river surrounded by our family and friends. There was SO much love that day. So many smiles. So many happy tears. So many memories. We are got our wedding pictures this week and it brings back all the feels. A day I will always cherish. On another note, how long did it take you to change your last name and to start saying it?




Even though 2017 was a year of highs and lows, it was a great year. A character building year as I like to say. We will look back on 2017 and smile knowing we made it through hand in hand. We also learned or should I say reminded that life is very short and things can change in a instant. Material things don't matter and can always be replaced. When everything is gone the people next to you are the most important. 2017 taught us to be better and truly appreciate the small things.


Have a day that matters!

Amanda











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS