Monday, October 28, 2013

Busy week in October

Happy Monday!

Last week was a pretty good week followed by an even better weekend! My dad came in town Thursday through Sunday. I enjoyed having him around, especially since he is my best friend. He is in the process of painting the back of the house. He is such a hard worker and takes care of his girls. He is the best dad in the world!

Thursday night I had some friends over to watch The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. It was Jen, Magen, Stephanie, Jaclyn and Kelli. My dad and Jake went to the square to have dinner and drinks, so they weren't intruding on our girl time. It is so funny!! I think it is the perfect movie to watch when you need a good laugh. I made homemade popcorn and Texas trash for us to snack on. The Texas trash was an experiment/new recipe and it turned out better than I expected. It was so nice having good friends to share my movie with.

Friday night was super chill because the next day we were going to be tailgating. I made one-skillet lasagna for dinner and of course with any kind of Italian food you have to have a salad and garlic bread. It was a great dinner and the boys approved! We just watched the football game and hung out. Dad had been painting all day, I was doing homework and Jake worked, so we were all pretty exhausted.

Saturday morning we woke up early to volunteer for a 5K. It was fun being on the other side of the race, encouraging others, because normally I am the one that runs. After we left it was time to hurry, because the tailgating spots were filling up fast. Tailgating was fun as always! We grilled, played beer-pong (Jen and I were 3-0 champs!), and soaked up the gorgeous weather before the game. The football game was AWESOME! We won 33-31 against South Alabama.

Sunday my dad finished painting the sections he was working on and I worked away inside doing laundry, and homework. This week is full of tests, so it was study time. I had to run 10-miles as part of my half-marathon training. Wow some of the hills were tough! My dad rode the bike next to me as security, and definitely made the run better by making me laugh and talking to me through it. Having company sure makes the time go by so much quicker. The good thing though is that I finished and walked for about 4 minutes in total. Persistence is key! My race is a couple weeks away, so I am almost done with the training.

After I got back from my run, my legs were feeling like Jello, so I stretched really good and refueled my body and then caught up on all my shows from the previous week. It was a nice end to my weekend. Dad left to go back to Houston and that is one thing I absolutely hate....the goodbyes. Someone my freshman year of college said saying goodbye to your family would get easier as time went on. Yeah I definitely do NOT agree. I cry every time they leave or I leave. I guess it's because I love them so much! I always love the phone call to know they made it home safe. Takes a weight off my shoulders and relieves a worry in my heart.

Here are some pictures from the week:


Dancing with Baron in the kitchen to Christmas music. I know it is still October, but Christmas music just makes people smile! 


With Amanda and Savannah after a kickboxing class! 


I asked Dad to take a picture of Jake and I and this is what he did! HA! Silly Dad! 


Jake and I at the tailgate


Jake climbing the rock wall. He is such a stud and spider-man. 


Jen and I at the game 


The volunteers for the 5K 


I hope everyone has a fabulous week! 

AB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS