Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Break

Happy Monday!

Christmas break is always a break I enjoy, but it is filled with so many activities that it isn't necessarily a break. 

I went to Houston for about three weeks to spend time with my family, and see my friends. I always enjoy my parents company. I was able to workout with my dad, run errands with my mom and hang out with my sister. Baron loved being home because he played with his cousins Ellie and Reno. 

Christmas was great! I just wanted clothes for Christmas, but of course I got some gadgets for the house. I was Santa again this year because I have the time to find the deals and time to wrap the gifts. It really takes stress away from my parents and I always do it after finals. It is exhausting, but I always enjoy the happiness from everyone when they open their gifts. 

December 26 Jake and I left for Chicago. We were there until December 30. All of our flights coming and going were on time! Woo! We had an absolute blast!! We played in the snow, built a snowman, rode in a taxi (my first taxi ride to be exact), ate fabulous deep-dish pizza and hot dogs, went to Navy Pier, viewed Chciago from 94 stories up at the John Hancock Observatory, went to the bears and packers game, went to field museum and truly enjoyed a beautiful city! It was such a great experience to go to Jake's favorite city and explore it with him! 

New Year's Eve we went to our family friends house. Every year they do a progressive dinner with their neighbors. It is always a good time with great food and even better people! It was a little chilly, but it was fun and a lot warmer than Chicago! :-) 

The next couple of days we hung out, went to the rockets game with the Spivey's and went to the boat show. 

Overall my break was great and I am ready to tackle my FINAL semester of my undergraduate career! Woo!!

Of course I have to add pictures! Enjoy! 

The snowman we made in Grant Park 


Chicago skyline-the picture doesn't do it justice. 


View from 94 stories up 


At the bears and packers game!


Chicago deep-dish pizza-so good!! 


My family, minus my sister, on New Year's Eve! 


Happy New Year! 

AB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS