Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Life Lately.


Hi beautiful friends! Life lately has been pretty nuts. Good, but nuts. I thought it was a good time to do a life lately post to catch you up and document all I have been doing because that is what this little blog is for right? Documenting all the little things that happen through the year so one day I can look back and smile on all the fun I had. So in no particular order here is what has been going on in my world!

Last weekend my sister hosted her first Christmas party and it was SO. Much. Fun!! We played games (which I love!!) and ate really good food. I love parties when you always have something to do. It was our first time meeting her friends and seeing her house since she moved in. She has an eye for decorating and her friends were all so nice. It was a blast!!

Jake and I FINALLY went on a date last Friday night to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Escalantes. I always love dates with him and I LOVE that we can talk about anything and everything under the sun. Also, we both share a love for a good margarita so that's a win too! ;-)

It has been cold here in Texas, BUT it is supposed to be in the 80's on Friday so YAY for weird weather. Sometimes I wish it would just stay cold, but then the other day we played tennis and I was in a tennis skirt in the middle of December. #happygirl The constant weather change is definitely messing with my allergies, but no worries because I enjoy our little warm spells.

And let's take a minute to think about this... my BEST FRIEND IS A MARRIED WOMAN!! gahhh!!! We talked about our weddings and what we would want, but it almost felt like a dream when we were getting ready on HER wedding day. My best friend got MARRIED November 28. She was the most beautiful bride and her and her hubby are the cutest! They are perfect for each other and that is all a best friend can ask for right? It was fun to go to Bakersfield, California and see where they are starting a life together. I really enjoyed the weekend!

Ava is still a loony toon and is full of energy. She is a sassy pants and doesn't like waking up in the morning. She has been a goof lately because she won't go outside in the morning to go to the bathroom. I don't know if the car sounds scare her or if it is too cold, but she won't go some mornings. I mean if I just woke up from a snuggly warm bed and I had to go to the bathroom out in the cold I would have issues with that too.

I have started reading How to Win Friends and Influence People and WOAH! Go get it right now and read it!! It is a great book and it has already helped me in numerous situations. Love books that make me a better person! It is so funny because I was making my Christmas list and it is all books that I want. #booknerd

Jake and I have been playing tennis at least once a week or at least trying and it has been great. I really enjoying playing tennis again. Jake pisses me off because he is a natural born athlete and has picked up on tennis really quick. It is good because it makes me step up my game, but still. I have played for years and should kick his rear every time and that is just not the case. I'm glad he is on my team! ;-)

I LOVE coaching club volleyball! The girls are hilarious, drive me NUTS and are so goofy. Gosh, to be 13 again... not. I learned the other day that tossing is FREAKING hard and coaching is hard work, but SO rewarding. Watching the girls improve, smile and be successful is the best thing ever. I do the conditioning with them and woah buddy... I am so sore every. single. time. Loving every minute of it and so thankful that door was opened! I know it is where I am supposed to be.

Jake and I haven't done a lick of Christmas shopping and we really really need to get on it. We will be out there with all the other crazies, but that's the fun part too right? I love love love the holidays and Christmas time is my favorite!

Anyway, that is about it. A lot going on, but it is all good stuff and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS