Friday, November 21, 2014

Five on Friday

TGIF, Y'all!! This week has gone by really slow, so I am ready for the weekend. I am hanging out with my friend Elizabeth tomorrow and couldn't be more excited! Yay for girl time!!! Now this rainy crappy weather is blah and something I am not excited about. Okay, maybe just for the fact that I get to hang out with Jake tonight and watch movies. Perfect Friday after a long week. Anyway, let's get right to my five on Friday. I am linking up with April  and her friends again, so enjoy!



O N E: Visit with the Physical Therapist

Within the last couple of months my neck has been really bothering me. I fell my freshman year of college wake boarding and never treated it. It was a bad, terrible, total face plant fall. I couldn't move my neck from the beginning of September to the end of December. Why in the heck did I not go to the doctor then?!? Who knows. I guess I thought I was young and invincible. About a month ago I went to the chiropractor and boy oh boy was that an experience. You can read about it here. It is still a nightmare and I am trying to get some of my money back. They said they "mailed" it last week. I don't think they expected me to stay on it like I have been. I am hoping I get my money back and can go my separate way. So ridiculous!

Well I got my physical last week and my doctor referred me to a physical therapist. I went this morning. It. was. awesome. The experience was so much better and I didn't leave completely crushed. The doctor explained everything to me and made me feel like it could be fixed. Compared to the chiropractor filling me with fear and a very very VERY expensive treatment plan. Like 15K expensive WITH insurance covering a lot of it. So I am very excited to be working with my physical therapist to fix my neck pain for good!

T W O: Raspberry Ice Tea

When I graduated college I decided that since I wasn't going to be walking as much I needed to cut something out of my diet so I didn't gain the post-grad poundage. I decided on sodas. They have so much crap in them and aren't good for you at all. Don't get me wrong, if I am craving a good ole' coke I definitely have one. I have always been a water lover, but sometimes I just need some sugar. I found this lovely tea at a restaurant and we recently got some in the office. I really enjoy it and the sugar lover in me loves it to. It's pretty good if I may say so myself! Do you have a favorite tea or drink other than soda?




T H R E E: Thanksgiving

Y'all!! Can you believe it is already Thanksgiving?! It feels like Halloween was last weekend. Time flies. I am excited to spend the holidays with family and eat a lot of good food. I always enjoy a good long walk after the food and then a good long nap when I get back. I am hoping I get to do that this year when we are celebrating with Jake's family. I am going to make a dessert, an appetizer, MAYBE a side dish/salad and for sure without a doubt a holiday sangria. Do you have a go-to dish that you make for holidays or get togethers?


F O U R: Ava's new trick

My Ava girl is super smart! She is a border collie mix so it comes natural. This week I taught her how to bow. She catches on pretty quick and is a pleaser so it makes training fun and easy. The next trick is to put her toys away. We are going to start the training process for getting a beer out of the fridge, too. Well, I think we may need to expand that to wine. ;-) I love teaching her new tricks and definitely love showing her tricks off to family and friends.




F I V E: Fun at work

The guys building a tower out of tower balls on my desk. Ha! We were doing an experiment. They tried to get it to the celling, but there were too many weak points.




Here are a couple of pictures from the week:

Me cooking bacon with gloves and a jacket on to protect from the hot grease 

Kale smoothie 

An outfit from this week wearing my blanket scarf that came in the mail. I felt so chic! 


I hope you have the best weekend!!

Stay happy, healthy and positive!!

Love,

AB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS