F R I D A Y
Friday at work we dressed up. It was so much fun and everyone that dressed up looked great. After work my sister came over. She was going to a Halloween party that night, but came over to have dinner before. We went to BJ's. We had deep dish pizza and salads. Yum! Liz was going to be a hunter for Halloween, but decided to put on a little bit more clothing - ha! She told me,"Amanda, I have four years to look like a slut, so I am taking full advantage." HAHA She is a freshman in college. We are SO different... like 180 degrees different. I am so the older sibling and she is the younger. I know we will laugh about this one day hence on why I included it. Jake and I were so tired from a long week and little sleep, so we took showers and went to bed. I think I felt extra tired because I knew what was ahead for us on Saturday.
Everyone who dressed up at the office. A snow bunny (Kati), chicken (Ian), end of the world guy (Galynn), flapper (me), and Jimmy Buffet (Rick).
My favorite girl!
My mom as Dolly Parton
My crazy dad!
S A T U R D A Y
Saturday morning we woke up to a sweet present from Jake and made breakfast. I made breakfast tacos (one of my favorites), I opened my gift and we got dressed. He got me beautiful Kendra Scott earrings, a Limited gift card and a water bottle (there is a whole story behind this). Jake, Ava and I were meeting my good friend, Brookelyn, and her boyfriend, John, in The Woodlands for a walk and lunch. We went to North Shore Park. It was a nice park and we had no idea where we were going, so it was pure exploration mode. My favorite too! After our walk, we went to The Gooses Acre Bistro and Pub. It is dog friendly so Little Miss Ava could tag along. We sat outside on the patio and it was beautiful. Me being the south Texas girl I am, thought it was chilly and had two jackets on. Jake and I split a salad and fish and chips. Jake got a German beer and I think it would be safe to say we split that too. Ha! I am not normally a beer drinker, but this beer was delicious. Seriously. So good. I am not even going to try to spell it, so just know it was a German beer that was great! Ha! Brookelyn and John got burgers and didn't really like them. The service was a little slow, but there was one girl working the patio outside and she was swamped. We weren't in a hurry, so we didn't mind.
We met everyone at Escalante's which is one of my favorite Houston Mexican restaurants. I love love LOVE their margaritas and the beef fajitas. Jake and I split the beef fajitas for one and it is the perfect amount to where we don't feel disgustingly full. We had a group of 11. It was my Aunt Karen and Uncle Rick, Rick and Jonell, Brookelyn and John, Liz, my parents, Jake and I. The food was good and the company was even better!
After dinner my dad, Jake, Brookelyn, John and I went to a bar called Local Pour Houston. A couple of my friends recommended it and I am so glad we went. On our way there my dad was driving my sisters car and got a flat. He just told her she needed to get new tires and the guys at the tire place told her she didn't. She took their word for it and ended up getting tires today. It's funny how Dad always knows! All the guys jumped in and it was fixed in no time. We finally made it to the bar and there was a live band called The Max. They played music from the 60's to today. At some points I had to really listen to see if they were playing or they had the radio on. We will definitely be going back! We danced, sang and did a lot of people watching. There was a high school reunion from San Antonio there and good LAWD some of them were struttin' their stuff! It was comedy hour I'll tell ya! We headed home, took showers and went to bed. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

My favorite picture of the night! My two favorite guys!
S U N D A Y
Sunday morning we slept in a little, but because of the time change were up at 8. We had breakfast and were going to run a couple of errands before we washed our cars. The earrings Jake got me were beautiful, but were a little too heavy. I exchanged them for a lighter pair and some studs. I am actually wearing one of the pairs today and love them! As we were waiting for the stores to open, we got coffee at a place close to Kendra Scott. We got there 45 minutes early thinking it was already noon. Dang time change and not changing all of our clocks to the correct time.
We have a car care center at our apartment, so Jake headed over there to wash his car. Well, that thing sucks and the water pressure was terrible, so about 45 minutes later Jake comes back home and he was pissed. We got our stuff together and headed to my parents house to clean our cars and have dinner. My mom made Southwest Pot Pie and a salad for dinner. It's one of my favorites and I really need to get the recipe. She also made angel food cake for dessert. Needless to say, we were stuffed after dinner and de-stressed because our cars were clean. We headed home, took showers and passed out. We were tired from our long and memory-filled weekend.
Soy Latte
I am so thankful for my family, Jake and friends who took time to celebrate my birthday! It really meant a lot to me for them to be there. I had a great weekend and I am looking forward to what 23 has to offer!!
What did you do this weekend?
Love,
AB





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!