Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Recap: Jake's 25th Birthday

Happy Monday y'all! This weather is blah outside. It is windy, cold and meh. BUT this morning on my way to work I drank my coffee and listened to Christmas music. I know it is a little early, but this weather is making Christmas seem closer than it really is. Well this weekend was packed with fun stuff, so let's get right to it.

F R I D A Y 

Friday morning at 12 am Jake opened his birthday present. I got him a fossil watch. The anticipation has been killing him because I have had his gift for a while now. He loves it and it looks awesome on him! I had to fast for my physical, so I didn't want to make him breakfast. If I couldn't eat, making him breakfast is just not fair. I made him breakfast on Saturday though. Friday I took the day off to get my physical and to spend the afternoon with Jake for his birthday. Friday morning before my doctors appointment I met one of our neighbors and her dog at the park, so the girls could play. Maisy and Ava love playing with each other and Stephanie and I love to visit. It's a win-win! I went to get my physical after the park. I got my results back today and all of my blood work was normal so go me!
His fancy new watch! 

I met Jake at his office for lunch after my appointment. Well I do not have the gift of directions, so I got lost. But I got to see little areas around The Woodlands, so it was worth it to me. I met Jake, his boss and co-worker. We went to the Black Walnut Cafe. I got lobster tacos per recommendation of his boss, Frank. Oh my lanta!!! So good! I got to visit with them for a while which was nice. My mom works right across the lake from Jake, so I went and hung out with her after dropping the guys off.

My outfit for the day. I was wearing my new booties and scarf! LOVE them! 


I had to take a selfie! 

Around 4:30 Jake and I met up. We went to Goose's Acre for an appetizer and theyummy beer that we love. Afterwards we were pretty stuffed so we walked around and soaked up waterway. It was getting late, and we had Ava to get home to. We looked on the directory for food choices. I recommended a Chinese restaurant. Jake wasn't really feeling it and I could tell. We shouldn't have gone in, but we did. It kind of killed the vibe we had, because the restaurant was dead for a Friday night. We went home and caught up on all our shows from the week. Did you watch the cross over between Chicago Fire, SVU and Chicago PD?! So good.

At Goose's Acre with our favorite beer in the background.

Waterway. Isn't it gorgeous?! 
S A T U R D A Y

Saturday morning we woke and I made breakfast. We had scrambled eggs and toast. We started to clean the apartment because we Jake's grandparents and mom was coming to see the apartment for the first time. It was perfect timing because we finished picking up, cleaning up and the door bell rang. They hung out for a little bit, while Jake and I got ready. My parents were joining us for the day and we were waiting on them as well. We headed to The Woodlands to have lunch because we were all hungry. We went to Pot Belly. It was delicious! I got the Mediterranean sandwich and I will definitely get that again. After lunch, we went to Jake's office to show the family where he works. I saw it Friday and, must say, it is a beautiful office.

Ava didn't want to move when we were making the bed. ha! 

My mom and I rocking it in the third row. 

The group at Pot Belly.

We went to Goose's Acre, again, so everyone could enjoy the beer that we love so much. We had an appetizer, enjoyed tasty drinks and just visited with each other. It was nice. After our afternoon "snack" we went on a walk around waterway that led us back to market street. Walking around waterway was beautiful. Jake's mom wanted to go by J.Crew, so we stopped in there for a little bit. We were basically killing time until we were hungry again.

Jake's mom, Oma and Opa. 

My man and I

I told them the lighting was bad and my dad grabbed a the napkin and said he could fix that. He is bald and has a shiny head - ha! SO funny! He is a nut! You can see my mom is laughing. 

One of my favorite Italian restaurants is Lasagna House. It is one of those restaurants you don't think of at first, but when you go there your taste buds are in heaven. Jake wanted Italian food on Friday, so this was making up for having Chinese food that we were not in the mood for. It definitely did! We of course had lasagna, salad and way to much garlic bread. They brought out rum spiced pumpkin cheesecake for his birthday. I didn't get to have any because it had nuts in it, but everyone else got to enjoy it. They said it was really good. We had cookie cake once we got home and yes it had 25 candles and some wax from the candles melting. Mmm wax...not. HA! Hey lighting 25 candles is quite the task.

The birthday boy! 

At dinner. 

The group after dinner happy and full! 

We hung out for a little bit longer and his family went back to the hotel. Jake's friend, Jay, came over. My parents, Jake, Jay and I all went to Local Pour Houston. Marcus, Jake's friend/roommate in college, met us there. It was so much fun! We thought this other band was going to be there, but they weren't so that was a bummer. The band was still good though. My dad and I danced and sang to Proud Mary. It was a blast! He is such a fun person to be around!! Local Pour Houston is definitely one of our favorite places.

Marcus, Jay and Jake

Love this picture of us! 

Jake was feeling good by the end of the night to say the least! ;-) We went back home, got ready for bed and passed out. The weather was rainy, cold and windy so falling asleep was not an issue. 

S U N D A Y

Sunday morning Jake's family and my parents came over for breakfast. I made this breakfast casserole thing that is AWESOME! So good. I will have to post the recipe later. We watched TV, played with Ava and visited. The Texan's game was going to come on and we watched Saturday nights SNL to kill time. It was hilarious. They have really good skits. Everyone left shortly after and we were lazy for the rest of the day. We watched a movie on Netflix called Homefront. Woah. I haven't been that amped up in a long time. It was a really good movie and I highly recommend it.

I didn't do any of my laundry that desperately needs to be done, I took a couple naps, played with Ava, didn't give her a much needed bath and relaxed with my man. It. was. perfect. I can't remember the last time I had a total lazy day. We ate dinner and then did facial masks to top off our super relaxing day. Do you know the feeling when the mask makes your face tight. We thought it was pretty comical trying to talk. It was like we had Botox. HA! We took showers and went to bed. We were super sleepy from a full weekend.

Ava was super snuggly on Sunday. I was soaking it up. 

Ava kissing Jake. We tried to take a picture together, but this is the best we could get. 

My seaweed mask! I look like an alien. ha! 

Can you see the resemblance?? Gaila from Star Trek. 


This weekend was so much fun and all about celebrating Jake!! He has touched so many lives just by being on the planet. I am so blessed, thankful and proud to call him mine! I hope this year brings total joy, happiness and good health to his life! I love you, Jake!!! :-)

I hope you had the best weekend!! Did you do anything fun??


Stay happy, healthy and positive!

Love,

AB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS