Thursday, April 23, 2015

Unexpected Sunshine

The other day I was listening to a Joel Osteen podcast on my way home from work. It was called "Unexpected Sunshine." I think it is so funny how God works. He uses people and things to get his message across. There was loads of traffic on my way home and I had a couple people call in the middle of my podcast, but I still finished listening to it before I got home. Think he was trying to tell me something?? I am starting to like sitting in traffic - ha! It is my time to destress from the day and have my quiet time.

When I was listening to Joel Osteen speak I felt like he was talking directly to me. Do you ever feel like that?

Backstory! I started reading Nobody's Cuter Than You which is so stinking cute and has easily moved its way up to being on the top of my favorite books list. But reading this book makes you think about new and old friends. A couple months ago my old best friend and I went through some stuff and have unfortunately not talked since.

Another podcast by Joel Osteen talked about how God will remove people from your life that do not need to be there. He will give you warning signs and if you do not listen he will get his way and remove them somehow someway. Anyway, reading that book really made me miss her. She was there for me during the good times and bad. She was my friend I would call if I saw my crush walking through school or call if a failed a test. She was my person.

Losing her as a friend, I felt as if I had lost a piece of my heart. It is so hard, but I have to have faith that God will bring me a better friend or make my current friendships better. They always say people come into your life to teach you and mold you into the person you are supposed to be. But gosh dang it, it is freaking hard! I mean sometimes you just want to talk to someone who knows you through and through. She was the person I will tell everything to for about 15 years, so putting that trust into someone else can be really tough. Do you agree?

In the Unexpected Sunshine podcast, Joel talked about how things may seem cloudy and grey BUT we have a supernatural God that can make those clouds dissipate in seconds. Sometimes we have clouds in our life. Those things that are lurking in our lives that never seem to go away that stress us out and make us worry. Do you know what I am talking about? Do you have those "clouds"?

Lately my clouds have been friends, health, and a couple other things. BUT in the past couple months I have had friends be there for me like my old friend used to be. Friends that WANT to be my person. They want to listen, laugh and cry with me. I also got a clean bill of health which takes so much stress off a person. Expensive bills and unexpected costs are few and far in between. God is taking care of ME! He is letting me rejoice in unexpected sunshine! Even though I was worried, stressed and bummed he has been working in my favor the entire time. Even in the clouds. God is good!

I wanted to share this with you all today because maybe you have been living in the clouds and not seeing the sun shine bright in your life. I am here to tell you that your sunshine will come! It is on it's way and you just need to have faith that it will come.

So enjoy and celebrate your unexpected sunshine! It is a game changer! I hope you have the best day!!!

Love,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS