Friday, September 11, 2015

Five on Friday // 9/11 A Day We Will Never Forget

14 years ago The United States of America was attacked. Thousands of people died and it was an event that shook the country and forever changed the world. Today I want to take time to honor and remember the people that lost their lives, people that lost family members and friends and to every person effected by the horrible terrorist attack on that September day.


O N E // Where I was on the 9/11/01

I was in the 4th grade in Mrs. Leggett's class when I heard what had happened. A lot of kids were being pulled out of class by their parents, the news was on and there was an eerie feel about that day. At the time I didn't really understand what was going on, but I knew it was bad. When I got home my parents sat my sister and I down and asked us what happened. They told us how everything would change and things would forever be different. We watched the news together and held each other a little tighter that night. It was an awful day in The United States of America and one that will NEVER be forgotten.

T W O // Trip to NY

Jake and I went to NY last December. We walked around the city and where the World Trade Centers once stood. It gave me chills just being there. You picture that day and everything that happened. The people running away and the first responders running in. The people that lived and the many people that died.

T H R E E // 9/11 Memorial

Going to the 9/11 Memorial was on the top of our list when we were in New York City. It is the most amazing museum I have ever been to. The way they captured the memories, lives lost and tragic events of that September day was beautiful. A truly beautiful tribute to the people that lost their life. If you are ever in NY you MUST go to that museum. Make sure you bring tissues because you will definitely shed some tears.

F O U R // Flying today

That day changed the way we would fly forever. Increased security and precautions before boarding flights are in place because of what happened on 9/11/2001.

F I V E // Prayers

I send my deepest prayers and thoughts to every person that was impacted by 9/11. I send my condolences to the families and friends of the people that died that day. Today is a day you get to live, so do something special for the ones that aren't here today. Thank you to all the first responders and military that fight the good fight and always run in when everyone else is running away. My thoughts and prayers are with those people every day because they are part of what makes this country so great. May you have a blessed day!

Love,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS