Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Weekend in San Antonio

Happy Wednesday! Today is a day of cloudy scattered rain storms. It is the time of hot days and rainy days here in Texas. I think it is the weather getting ready for the gorgeous months of October and November. This past weekend a cold from came through and it was gorgeous! Ava gets up early, so I was able to enjoy the cool and crisp mornings.

This weekend was great! I always enjoy spending time with family, whether it is Jake's or mine, I am a happy camper. I think family is the absolute most important thing in the whole entire world. They are the ones, most of the time, that are there for you and love you through and through. My parents are my best friends, role models, workout buddies and supporters. Okay, more about this weekend. :-)

Friday night we left for San Antonio. I got off work a little early, 4:30 to be exact and headed home to finish packing. I of course had to play with my girl Ava before we left. Jake was getting irritated because he just wanted to get on the road. I think his life motto should be "waiting on a woman". HA! Well Ava sleeps in a crate, WAY to big for her, but I like her to have room to move while she is in there. This crate doesn't fit in my trunk unless I fold my backseats down, so that meant little Miss Ava was on Jake's lap the whole way to San Antonio. She is so dang cute! Love that girl!!


We got to Jake's grandparents house around 9:30. We were meeting his cousin and one of our couple friends at 10, so it was a quick drop Ava off and get going. I felt bad because Ava was crying because she was in a unfamiliar house and we were leaving. His grandparents didn't mind because we were there visiting. We met Carol, Chantel and Adam at Yard house in La Conterra. We had drinks and caught up. I felt like a space cadet at times because I was so tired. I don't know what it is about driving that makes you so sleepy. We finally made it back to his grandparents house. It was time for bed because we both, especially Jake, had a long day the next day. 

Jake woke up at 4 am, yes you are reading that right, to go dove hunting with his dad, sister and uncle. He shot four birds, but we got to take home five to cook. I have never cooked dove before, so it should be interesting. Pinterest here I come!! My day consisted of walking Ava, hanging out with his Oma. She has been having stomach issues, so we took it easy. She insisted we went on a walk, so of course we did. I took a nap for a little bit and then I hung out with Jake's mom. We went to Pappouli's Greek restaurant for lunch. It is one of my favorite places. After, we went to a nail place by their house to get a pedi and mani. It felt so good! I LOVE getting my toes and nails done. I got OPI strawberry margarita on my toes and OPI It's a girl on my nails. I really need to be better about getting my nails done. After being completely relaxed, we got frozen yogurt for an afternoon treat. I had to head back to Oma and Opa's house because I was going to go to my cousin Jaci's house to get my haircut. 

I was WAY overdue for a haircut. I didn't have one for six to seven months. My hair was so long, heavy and just blah. I told Michael, Jaci's husband, that I wanted something new, but still long enough to pull into a pony tail. I mean come on I don't know how girl's work out with their hair down. He told me that he would have to cut seven inches off for a good cut. Holy Moly!! 7 inches?!?! I was a little unsure, but I know Michael is a great hair dresser and would never make my hair look terrible. Again, I did go six to seven months between haircuts and was still getting compliments on it. So he chopped it off! I love it!! It is layered more and shorter than I wanted, but still is so fabulous! 





Sunday we woke up early, even though we were both exhausted, because Ava is a no-mercy kind of girl and needs to go potty. Having a puppy is serious training for a baby. With that said, I don't want one anytime soon. Jake and I walked her around Oma and Opa's neighborhood. It was a nice morning, just not as cool as Saturday. We had lunch with Jake's family at Logan's Steakhouse. It was good. We left shortly after lunch because we had to go to San Marcos to get some things and check on the house. Because I was so exhausted, Jake drove and Ava got to ride on my lap. We drove back to Houston to catch the Bear's game. It was televised on National TV which is rare, because normally the football games on in Texas are either Texas teams or southern teams. Jake is a huge Bear's fan, so it was great that we made it back for the game AND they won!! He was acting like a kid who just won a championship game. haha I do love how passionate he is about life! 

Any who, this weekend was great, so here are a few pictures from my weekend! Enjoy! 














Stay positive, happy and healthy!! 

LOVE, 

AB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS