So what happened this weekend...
Well Friday we met our friends, Elizabeth and Dalton, for dinner at Escalante's. I really love their food and margaritas. It was louder than I remembered so we felt like we were yelling to carry on a conversation. They recently went on a month long trip around the west coast. Their stories were cool and I cannot wait to see all the pictures. After dinner, my co-worker and friend, Kati asked us to join her at a bar downtown. Elizabeth and Dalton were pushing for us to go to their house, but it is far for us and Jake and I have been wanting to go to downtown for a while. We went to a bar called Bad News Bar. It was like a prohibition bar, so it was totally sketchy at first, but once we were inside it was so much fun. The atmosphere was cool and there was mahogany wood everywhere. Jake and Dalton like old fashions so that was their drink of choice for the night. We left around 12:30 to go home. When we were leaving we saw this bar surrounded by police, fire trucks, ambulances, police dogs, and more. All of us said,"WOAH! I wonder what is going on there?!" Well come to find out it was a five-month undercover drug bust. I am glad we didn't go there.
Saturday morning we ate breakfast and then headed to Lake Conroe to spend the day with our family friends, Rick and Jonell. Liz came down from college, so she joined us as well. They have a Baja. It is perfect for them because there can only be five people. It was fun, but laying around is only fun for so long. I get a little bored. When we go out with my family everyone is talking and having great conversation, we water ski and the music is great. I am a little biased because it is my family, but I rather be on the lake with them then other people. I was also getting antsy because Ava was at home in her crate all day long. I know she is used to it, but I don't like leaving her in there all weekend when she is in her crate during the week so much. Jake doesn't feel that way, but that is okay. Saturday night we had dinner at cracker barrel. It is so good!! I love their grilled catfish, mac n' cheese and broccoli. Then their corn bread and biscuits that is a whole another story.
Sunday I made omelets, toast and green smoothies for Jake, Liz and I. Liz said the smoothies taste like grass. Jake and I both laughed after she said that. Jake and I went to church with Elizabeth Dalton. We went to Houston's First Baptist Church. We both really enjoyed it! The pastor was great because he would relate the bible to real-life things that we could relate to. He would also break up the sermon with humor, which is something I like. After church we went to Adair's Kitchen in the Galleria for lunch. I had a kale salad and holy moly was it delicious!! We will definitely be going back there. Jake and I had high hopes of having a productive Sunday, BUT football and a nap sounded better. Also, it was really weird because I was fine one minute and felt like crap the next. My body got really achey, exhausted and I started sweating. It was pretty bazaar. Sunday night we went to my parents house because they were coming back from San Fran. They had a blast and their pictures are beautiful! We left Ava over at their house Sunday night because she had to go to the vet yesterday.
She did remarkably well at the vet. Baron HATED the vet. I don't know how he knew he was going to the vet, but he did. Ava was a little social bunny and wanted to see what everyone was doing. She is 29.3 pounds and is doing really good. She got her cone off, which is great for me. I felt like I was getting shanked in the leg every time she would run into me. She actually liked her cone, which is definitely NOT the norm.
The very few pictures I got from this weekend. I wish I had taken more.
Jonell and I
Captain Rick
Bringing in the anchor
Captain Jonell
Liz passed out! HAHA
Overall this weekend was another great weekend in the books! I am looking forward to what this week entails!
Stay happy, positive and healthy!!
LOVE,
AB
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!