Monday, December 22, 2014

Weekend Recap: Dallas trip

Happy Monday my friends! Christmas is THIS week! Oh I am so excited! The holidays are such a good time. This week I am linking up with B Loved Boston  and Showered With Design. This past weekend I went to Dallas so let's get right to the recap.


F R I D A Y

Friday night Jake and I were pretty exhausted. This is a norm in our household. We went on a date to Chuy's. We were both in the mood for a margarita - shocker! ;-) The wait was crazy long and the restaurant looked packed. We stood by the bar to be out of the way and to start our margarita drinking early. We were both starving and they have a jalapeno ranch dip that we call crack sauce so we got chips and dip. A spot opened at the bar, so we moved in quickly. I felt like a voltcher. Ha! We split quesadillas and were stuffed. I hate going to any restaurant, especially Mexican, when I am that hungry because I eat my weight in chips and dip before my meal comes. We went home and I feel asleep on the couch and Jake watched ESPN. He eventually woke me up to go take a shower and go to bed. I am a total grouch when being woken up on the couch. I admit it 100%. I am typically the one that falls asleep on the couch and poor Jake has to tackle the task of waking me up.


S A T U R D A Y

Saturday morning we woke up, packed, fed and walked Ava and hit the road. We stopped at Whataburger for breakfast. My family met us there, so we could drive up to Dallas together. That drive sucks. I was blaring my music (my dad would do this when we were younger, so I get it from him) and singing terribly. ha! Jake was being such a trooper and was on his phone. We stopped to get lunch once we got into Quinlan. We went to a BBQ place. We left Ava in the car while we were eating. It was cold outside, so she was fine. She was in the backseat when we went in and she was sitting in the front seat when we got back! HA! We went to see Mama's grave while we were there. She was such a sweet lady. Gosh, I miss her. We finally got there and we surprised my grandma. She didn't know we were coming and was so happy to see us.


Jake's face when I told him I needed a picture for the blog super early in the morning without food or COFFEE. Ha! Oh this man! He is such a trooper! :-) 
I spy with my little eyes something that is black! This is where Ava was while we were packing - ha! She was chewing on one of her toys and at one point she was falling in and out of sleep while chewing her toy. 

Liz and I got the berry pant and cheetah memo! HA! My dad and Jake were matching too, but we didn't get a picture of them. 
I am extremely allergic, epi-pen allergic as my sister says, to cats. My grandma has two and my aunt has one. Needless to say my allergies kick my butt every time I go there. I wanted to spent more time hanging out with my grandma but I could only be in her house for so long before my chest started feeling tight. I would go outside and would automatically feel better. Having really bad allergies sucks.

We hung out with my family for the entire day. Jake and my dad were visiting with my grandma and watching the high school state football games. Katy lost - bummer! Jake and dad said it was a close game. We made one skillet lasagna, salad and garlic bread for dinner. It was quite the hit! We all just laid around and relaxed the entire day.

Jake and I brought our air mattress to sleep on. It was perfect! I got it from Amazon . It blows up and deflates for you in minutes. It is nice because, as long as it is plugged in, it stays firm all night. You can set your firmness, turn the nob to inflate and wa-la it does it for you. When we were picking up our bedding in the morning we turned the nob to deflate and wa-la it did it for us. If you are looking for a good air mattress, this is a good buy!! Anyway, I love sleeping in the cold, but Jake and I were freezing. My aunts house was freezing! I would rather it be cold than hot when I am sleeping though. Good thing we both brought long pants and long-sleeve shirts. It just meant that we got to cuddle more. :-)

S U N D A Y

Sunday morning I woke up to let Ava out. My eyes were so swollen and red I could barely open them. Keep in mind that I took three Claritin (allowed by my allergist) the day before. I took one at night so it could roll over into the morning. My chest was super tight, I was coughing a little bit and was feeling pretty miserable. I took Ava out and immediately started feeling relief. We came back inside and laid back down. Okay, I did, but do you think Ava did? That would be a negative. She playing with toys, jumping on everyones sleeping spot, giving kisses to everyone sleeping and bitting the squeakers. Birth control I tell ya! If I think she is bad, what would it be like with a kid?! Ha! I can definitely wait for kids. Jake and I didn't mind because we are used to her crazy morning self, but everyone else was not amused. We took her on a walk and let her run outside to get some of her energy out.

We made breakfast, ate and hit the road. My dad and Jake were going to the Dallas Cowboy game, so they needed to get moving to make it to the game on time. We took a lot of pictures with my grandma, but they are on my parent's camera so I will just have to add them once I get them. We said good-bye and left. You know that feeling when you feel like you are forgetting something, but don't know what it is?? Yeah, I had that feeling but couldn't put my finger on what it was. Well I left Ava's food bowl, cards we received from family and Liz left her movies. Oops.

We stopped by Starbucks before we got on the road. Again, we left Ava inside because we all had to go to the bathroom. I walked out and guess who was in the front seat?? Ava! ha! She is such a hoot! I love that girl!

Ava in the front seat 

Road trip selfies with my favorite girl!! 
We were on our way home and someone in the car had a bug fly into her hair. She started freaking out and kept saying,"I am going to go Brittney Spears!" This person is terrified of bugs. Of course, this made everyone in the car a little itchy. I don't know why people start itching when someone else is itching or sees bugs on something. Other people in the car were dying laughing because of the person's comments. Funny car ride moments that needed to be documented for future giggles!

We finally got home. I dropped my mom and sister off and went home. I needed to go to the grocery store and get some stuff done around the apartment. I made dinner and was watching a movie on Netflix when the power went out. Like the entire apartment complex. My sister was on her way to stay with me for the night since the boys were staying in Dallas. I lit all the candles in the house and just hung out. The lights came on in about an hour. I went to bed shortly after and Liz stayed up. I woke up around 4:30 am to the TV on. I thought Liz just fell asleep with the TV on and didn't turn it off. Nope. She was awake. I don't know how she does that. This morning Ava and I were both tired from being woken up multiple times last night.

This weekend was great! Seeing family really put the cherry on top! We have a lot to do to get ready for Christmas and I love it. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

How was your weekend??

Love,

AB


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a really great weekend!! I sort of love that you enjoyed a relaxing evening on friday with the candles even if the power did come back an hour later!! Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava is so adorable! Love that she would climb into the front seat when you all went inside, ha! I'm super allergic to cats, too and it. is. miserable. I feel for ya! Glad you had a good weekend otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS