Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend Recap: Top Golf, Local Pour, and Lots of Mexican Food

Happy Monday! The weather is so strange here. The other day I was in shorts, woke up the next morning and I was in a big coat. Weird weather, but I love it! Today is a little chilly, but really nice. I feel like I am on the brink of catching a cold. My sister, dad and mom were sick, so I am hoping I don't get what they had. They were miserable. So today I plan on going to bed early, drinking a lot of water and loading up on vitamin c. Fingers crossed that will do the body good! Anyway, this weekend was eventful for sure, so let's get right to the recap.


F R I D A Y

All week Jake was hinting about going to a high school football playoff game. Every time it came on the news he would say,"Oh that will be a good game!" Jake is looking for a new car and was going to meet up in Katy with my dad so he could see it too. Well I told him he just needed to go to the game and go enjoy it! A girl can take a hint! ha! The Katy Tigers blew the other team out of the water and they said it was a really good game. While Jake was at the game, I was hanging out with Ava and cleaning the apartment so when our friends got there it would be guest ready. Our friends arrived and we hung out, caught up and relaxed until Jake got home. We visited for a while and eventually went to bed.


S A T U R D A Y

Saturday morning Jake and I woke up and took Ava on a walk so Adam and Chantel could sleep in a little. We got back and needed to go to the grocery store because we literally had one egg left and that definitely wasn't going to feed four people. Jake and I needed to pick up clothes from the cleaners, so we did that errand first. Lately, I have been wanting a donut so we stopped in the donut place for a quick treat. I always enjoy Saturday mornings with Jake because we normally go on a walk, have breakfast and just catch up from the week. We stayed at the donut place for a little bit and just hung out. It was really nice.

Next, we headed to the grocery store. The plan was to make dinner at the apartment, but that didn't happen. We got all the groceries for the weekend and went back home. Adam and Chantel were awake and Ava met us at the door. I made breakfast tacos and we hung out for a little bit. The guys were watching sports and us girls were just talking. We were meeting another couple at Top Golf around noon, so we needed to get ready, feed and walk Ava, and get out the door.

At the beginning of our walk we ran into Stephanie and Maisy. Of course, the girls played and we talked. Stephanie and her husband were the couple meeting us at Top Golf, so it was nice to see that we weren't the only ones behind schedule.

We went to Top Golf in Spring. It was so much fun! I hit a couple good shots and some not so good ones. I had an awesome sangria there. Jake did really well too! At one point, it was towards the end, Jake wanted to make enough points so there was no chance I could beat him. He was up to golf and missed like four times in a row. We were all dying laughing and so was he. I, of course, started talking smack and said,"Jake you have to hit the ball to beat me." It was hysterical. Stephanie was the one that beat all of us! She did awesome and "hasn't golfed in a while". Okay... sure. Ha!

The group! #proppic 



Chantel, Me and Stephanie 

The lovely couple! 

Matchy matchy with our white converse



Jake was not amused that I was taking a picture of him. haha It's for the blog babe! ;-) 
After Top Golf we headed to The Woodlands for lunch and Jake needed to stop by his office for a couple of things. We went to BerryHill. We all were starving, so we filled up on chips before our meal came. I got tamales again, but next time I am either getting the grilled shrimp or fish taco. We were all miserably stuffed. Like I needed stretchy pants, roll me to the car stuffed.

We went back to the apartment and were going to take a "short" nap before going out tonight. Well that short nap turned into a four hour nap time. Ha! We all woke up around 10ish.  So me making dinner was out of the picture because we were still full from lunch. We didn't want to go out after we woke up because we were all feeling really groggy. I walked Ava and got some fresh air and made the executive decision that we were going. We are twenty-something year olds, with no kids and we just needed to go. I am glad we went because it was so much fun! Local Pour is always a fun place!



We went to Whataburger after because Adam was a little intoxicated and wanted Whataburger. He asked four times if we had a Whataburger in Houston - ha! Duh! A honey butter chicken sandwich does the body good... okay maybe just the taste buds. We went home got ready for bed and everyone laid down. Jake and I stayed up until 3:30-4ish talking. I love that about us!

WELL Ava is not forgiving and doesn't care how late we stay out she needs to be let out the next morning. I woke up at 8 to let her out. I took her on a long walk to let everyone else sleep and I wanted to do something active so I figured that was my only chance. We walked about four miles and then went back home. I made breakfast for everyone and then the guys watched football. I made homemade laundry soap and fabric softener. I really like it so far. I have only washed sheets and a couple kitchen towels, but if it works well on my clothes I will never buy the detergent again.

Ava girl on our walk 

Adam and Chantel wanted to do a little Christmas shopping, so we braved the mall. It was nuts! So crowded and people everywhere. People watching was awesome and discouraging because during the holidays people get so rude.

After the mall we went to Potbelly. I was starving and had to eat something.  I love their Mediterranean sandwich with chicken. SO yummy!! Can you guess what we did when we got home?? Watched more football. Adam was kind enough to share his cable code with Jake so he could have ESPN on the Roku. Well the guys were mesmerized by the TV the rest of the day and us girls sat on Pinterest and hung out.

We were meeting my parents and friends, Elizabeth and Dalton, for dinner at 7, so we got ready to go and Adam and Chantel left when we did. We met my parents, Elizabeth and Dalton at Escalante's. It was so good, as usual, and the company was even better. I always enjoy their company! I would have taken a picture, but decided not too. Jake and I were exhausted and when I am sleepy I have a hard core lazy eye, so I didn't take one. Does this happen to anyone else? We went home, showered and crashed!

This weekend was great and just what I needed! I needed good friend and girl time. The friends I hung out with this weekend are such good friends to me. I always enjoy their company and look forward to the next time we hang out. I am so thankful for the relationship I have with Jake and the friendships I have made. I am one blessed and happy girl!

How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting??

Love,

AB

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! I love top golf. We used to go quite a bit when we lived in Dallas, but it is way up north here in Austin and we live pretty far south (excuses excuses). The highlight of my weekend was definitely taking my daughter to get her pictures taken with Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a fun time! I think it will be our go-to place when we have friends come in from out of town. Oh how fun!! I always love seeing baby with santa pictures.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS