Monday, December 15, 2014

Weekend Recap: Getting Stuff Done and Relaxing

Happy Monday!! TGIM! I love love love the weekends, but I also love going back to work and getting back to my weekly routine. Today I graduated for physical therapy!!! WOOO!!!! No more paying boku amounts of money and going a couple times a week. I will say that it was totally worth it because I feel so much better! This weekend was good, relaxing and not as productive as I wished, but that is okay.

F R I D A Y

Jake's dad came into town Friday night. We were ALL supposed to go to Louisiana the next day, but I didn't have anyone to watch Ava so I stayed with baby girl.  I made tamale pie for dinner and banana pudding for dessert. My taste buds were in heaven! After this weekend, I decided I am going to start adding my recipes to the bloggity blog. Ava loved Jake's dad and was being a snuggle bunny all night. We watched the Spurs game. Don't ask me who they were playing or who won because I wasn't really paying attention. Pinterest and Ava had my attention. Ha! Priorities people!



S A T U R D A Y

Saturday morning we woke up and took Ava out. We slept in a little bit. It was nice. I make breakfast for everyone. I made pancake squares and sausage. They were good, but they aren't traditional pancakes. I don't know if I will make them again. The boys left and I headed to my parents house. I worked out with my dad. Time I always cherish with him! Let me just tell you! His workout kicks my rear every. single. time. I do it. I love it and needed it, but wowza it was tough! When we got back from the gym I warmed up leftover tamale pie for lunch. After lunch, my dad helped me wash and wax my car.

I introduced Ava to my parents dogs, Duke, Reno and Ellie and she did pretty well. She liked playing with Duke the most because they are around the same size. Ava is not a fan of playing with the big dogs. They played for a couple hours while I washed my car. At first Ava would only play if I was standing back there with her, but once she got used to it she was playing all by herself. When I got done washing and waxing my car I got Ava to give her a bath. My sweet girl was a dirty dog!! The white parts of her fur were a tan/brown color and she had slime all over her. Ha! Baths are her least favorite thing, so I quickly washed her and dried her off. The trick is to quickly wrap her with a towel before she runs around and rolls in the grass. I normally wash her inside, but since it was in the mid 70's I just washed her outside. Gotta love Texas weather!!
Ava and Duke 

Ellie 

Reno

My parents went to my mom's company Christmas party. They had a blast and looked fabulous!! Check out how hot my mom is! :-) 

I was starving after everything I did that day, so Ava and I went inside to eat and relax. Ava walked inside, got some water and curled up on her blanket and passed out. Playing is rough! We went home shortly after that and I fed Ava her dinner. She normally wants to go outside right after I feed her, but not Saturday night. She went back to bed. She was exhausted!



I was going to be really productive and finish my laundry and clean up the apartment, but after I ate and sat down there was no getting up. I was content with watching Christmas movies, eating leftovers and hanging out. I hung out until the guys got home. Then I moved from the air mattress to my bed and went to bed.

S U N D A Y

We slept in a little bit again on Sunday. We were going to go to brunch, so I got on Yelp and searched good brunch spots near us. We found Another Broken Egg . It was awesome!!! We will definitely be going back! I had so much food on my plate and guess what... I. ate. the. entire. dang. thing.

Yup. Ate all of this. It was so good though!!!

Afterwards we went to Academy to look at handguns. I want to get my CHL this year, so we went to get a general idea of what kind of handgun I liked and fit good in my hand. Jake's dad headed back to San Antonio and we took a nap. Jake turned on football and we relaxed all afternoon. It was fabulous! A lazy Sunday was way overdue in our household. My laundry didn't get touched, but I don't mind because I got to hang with my two favorite people all day.

We were going to go to Salata for dinner (another favorite of ours), but they closed at 5. Fail. We were going to go to Texas Roadhouse, but decided to go to Potbelly instead because it was close and cheaper. Well you know when you have your heart set on something and you can't get it, so you try to get something similar and it just doesn't compare?? Well that totally happened to me. Jake's meal was awesome though and he was kind enough to share! :-)  We went back to the apartment, watched more football, made cookies and relaxed. Eventually we got ready for bed and went to sleep.





This weekend was good! I wish I could have gone to Louisiana with Jake and his dad, but it gave me time to get stuff done. Can you believe there are 10 days until Christmas?!?! Yay!!! I love the holidays and all the family I get to see!


I hope you had a great weekend!! Have a fabulous week!!

LOVE,

AB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS