Easy Okra & Shrimp Creole
Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 links cooked andouille sausage, cut in quarters
- 1/2 (10 oz. pack of frozen cut okra, thawed
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lbs. peeled & deveined medium shrimp (30-40 per lbs.)
Directions:
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium hear.
- Stir in bell pepper and onion.
- Cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent - about 5 minutes
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add okra, sausage, cajun seasoning, and salt
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until they are bright pink on the outside and meat is no longer transparent in the center (8-13 minutes)
- Remove from heat, pour in bowls and enjoy!!
** For the picture above, I added the entire bell pepper and all of the sausage. It seemed a little dry so I add a can of tomato sauce to make it a little more liquid. I also added way more cajun seasoning than 1 tsp because I like a little more spice. **
I think you should always make a recipe your own and use the original recipe as the base! I hope you enjoy this yummy cajun dish!!
Love,
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!