F R I D A Y
Friday night we went to Cedar Creek in The Heights to celebrate our friend's, Paco, birthday. He turned 30! The dirty thirty!! lol The restaurant was too cool and had an Austin vibe which was perfect for a nice evening. We had burgers, drinks and enjoyed each other's company. Paco invited some of his co-workers and we invited our friend, Marcus. Other than Paco, DeAnna and Marcus we didn't know anyone else.
After dinner we made plans with them to go dancing. We love Local Pour, but they said they already had a place picked out. We planned to just go with the flow. We started talking about where it was and all the details. Well... everyone kept saying,"You are going to want to have an open mind going in." #ohlawd What the heck were we getting ourselves into?!
We get there. The place is called Numbers. It is supposed to be an 80's nightclub. (At least that is how it was described to us. OH and to keep an open mind.) We were waiting outside for Marcus to get there and VERY interesting people started walking in. Like a cross-dresser, gothic dressed people, a girl with a chain around her neck while her "date" walked her inside. FREAKING weird.
BUT we were going to make the best of it because our friend wanted to go there for his birthday and Friday night was about doing whatever he wanted to do.
We get in and it's dirty, funky and there are weirdos everywhere and then us. LOL Jake and I started dancing because we were going to make the best out of it and at least have fun. The people watching was prime!
**Warning - do not have any kind of liquid or food in your mouth as your read the next paragraph... you may spit it across the room**
SO Jake went to the bathroom, so I continued to dance and be silly. I could see someone out of the corner of my eye, but wasn't really paying attention. I could see our groups faces and it was a mix between disgusted and laughing. So Marcus calls me to come over to him... I turn around and what do I see?!
A FREAKING MAN (!!!!) in a WOMEN'S one-piece metallic SWIMSUIT!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!
Oh it gets better... he has matching knee pads or something like that and then matching shoes... picture that for a sec. okay, now barf! HAHA!
I immediately went and sat down. We were all laughing because I mean did we all just see that?! Jake came back from the restroom and wondered why I was sitting and not dancing. I told him the story and he was like,"EWWW!!! Where is he?!" haha
We continued the night dancing, people watching and laughing! We got home really late and man it kicks my rear-end when we stay out late, but it was so worth it.
S A T U R D A Y
Saturday morning I woke up with Ava, worked out and then got ready for brunch. I met my friend, Katie for brunch. We went to Another Broken Egg (my favorite). We got to visit and catch up! We discovered that we have gone through very similar situations with friends and feel the same exact way. It was nice knowing that there are other people out there going through the rain storms as well.
We got home, ate lunch and then headed to the pool to hang out with Paco, DeAnna, Stephanie and Kyle. Our other friends, Ariela and Seth, were there so we got to hang out with them too. We actually all met through our dogs! We would see them when we would walk Ava.
Saturday night we went to my parents house for dinner. We had the most amazing ribs and got to visit with my aunt and cousins from Minnesota.
S U N D A Y
Sunday morning Jake was so sweet and let me sleep in. I was EXHAUSTED!! I got up, and got ready for the lake. We spent the whole day at the lake. We all got super weird sunburns and were exhausted when we got home. It was such a fabulous time!! But when we got home and took a shower or sunburns quickly evened out and covered a majority of our bodies. OUCHY! Why is it that after you take a shower your sunburn shows up?!
Anyway, I hope you could find humor in my weird nightclub experience! LOL How was your weekend? Have you ever experienced anything like that??
Love,
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!