Friday night we left for San Antonio. Jake picked me up at my parents house, so I wouldn't have to sit in an hour of traffic to turn around and sit in the same traffic on the other side of the road. He's the best.
Jake was in charge of getting everything together. Here's a funny story for ya! I thought it was the funniest thing ever, but I know for a fact most girls would have not. at. all. thought it was funny. I packed my stuff and Ava's stuff Friday morning, put it by our desk and it was all ready to go. I made it super easy for him. Well he forgot my Hunter rain boots (which are the greatest things ever) AND brought flip flops that were on the bed instead. HAHA!!! They were literally sitting next to my bag by the desk. I don't know why I find this so comical, but I do. I definitely gave him a hard time when walking in the rainy, cold weather in flip flops though.
Anyway, Saturday morning Oma made us a delicious breakfast of sausage and eggs and toast with her famous selection of jellies. Her breakfast is one of my favorites! We hung out with them for a little bit, walked Ava and then we left to look for black booties because I didn't have any other shoes for my outfit Saturday night. We went to DSW, Target, Nordstrom Rak and Ross. Nothing. I am not one of those people that will buy something because it kind of does the job. Either I love it or I won't buy it. So I just bought a different outfit at Target that would go with my shoes and jeans I already had. Loved it!!
We met Jake's mom for lunch at General Public. It is a relatively new restaurant and it was delicious!!! Jake and I split a burger, had beers and we just hung out. We will definitely be going back to the restaurant. We both agreed that it would be a cool place to meet friends for drinks. Once we got back to his grandparents house, it was time for a nap. It was raining outside, cool, we had full bellies and were at his grandparents house. I don't know what it is about being at grandparent's house that makes you take the BEST naps. I guess it is because you can totally relax. Who knows, all I know is that we both took good naps!
Jake's mom came to Oma and Opa's house so we could all ride in one car to dinner. Everyone hung out while Jake and I got ready. We went to El Chaparral. It was delicious!!!! I had lettuce wrap tacos with carne asada inside. The salsa was good, tacos delicious and a good spot to celebrate Jake's mom's birthday!! Of course, they sung and brought out the sombrero. LOL
Jake's family has a tradition of going to dinner of the birthday person's choice and then coming back to the house to have their favorite cake/dessert. I love this tradition and it is one I want to adopt. Anyway, we went back to Oma and Opa's house to have chocolate cake. I was looking forward to that cake all week!
Normally when we go to San Antonio we meet our friends Saturday night and this time we didn't. We spent the ENTIRE weekend with family. So instead of going to bed on Saturday around 3, we were in bed around 11:30/midnight.
Sunday morning we met Jake's mom for breakfast at Bill Miller's. I had pancakes per her recommendation. They were delicious!!! We visited with her for about two hours. It is SO wonderful to see her so happy and it is truly amazing how much happier people are when they are doing what they love doing.
We went back to Oma and Opa's after breakfast to pick up Ava girl, pack our stuff and head back to Houston. The time is never long enough. We got back to Houston and did the norm of grocery shopping for the week, some laundry, etc. You know the drill. Overall it was a fantastic weekend and we are looking forward to spending more time with them through the holidays!
Love,
Amanda



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!