I graduated May 8, 2014 from Texas State University. I received a bachelors in Business Management. I was so ready because leading up to graduation I was swamped in projects and finals. It was a good day! My family was coming in, I was closing the college chapter in my life and moving on to bigger and better things.
May 8 I went to Target to get a new nail polish. I needed (yes, needed not wanted - HA!) a "graduation" nail polish. I wanted my nails to look good. Let's get real, when your nails are done you automatically feel 5X prettier/better about yourself. I chose a pinkish red color. As if I don't already have enough nail polish in that tone, but that is beside the point. I walked Baron, picked up the house, and caught up on my shows. I got ready for graduation and my parents came into town. We didn't have much time, so we took pictures and went straight to Strahan Colosseum.
They went to get seats and I walked into the graduate area. I checked in and as I was walking away from the table my foot felt really loose in my shoe. I looked down and MY STRAP BROKE!!! Okay, panic kind of set in. What the heck was I going to do? Walk barefoot across stage? Then I would be known as that girl?? Ahhhh!!! My mind quickly started searching for a solution. TAPE! I just needed some kind of tape to tape my shoe to my foot. At this point, I didn't care how it looked I just didn't want to walk across stage barefoot. I found my old academic advisor and asked her for tape. She quickly got on it after I told her what happened. They found clear tape -hallelujah! I mean could you image me rocking a duck taped shoe?? Redneck much? I started cutting pieces of tape and taped my shoe to my foot. Literally, to my foot. It was like a tape strap. Are you picturing this?? I was debating between two different shoes, but ended up wearing those dang shoes because they were comfortable and were easy to walk in. I wish I would have taken a picture of my tapped masterpiece.
It was time to get in line. We were given numbers according to our last name. It was time to rock-n-roll. We walked into the colosseum and found our seats. I get really red in the face when attention is brought to me, so I was trying to simply focus on each step and make it to my seat without tripping. I was also very concerned about my shoe. I was hoping it would last through graduation. Once I got to my seat I started searching for my family and friends. I felt like I was reading Where's Waldo. I found them! Oh, it made my heart so happy to see them. My family, best friend and family friends drove from Houston to be there for me on my big day. It meant a lot to me that they made the effort to be there.
The ceremony started. I think graduations are boring, but exciting all at the same time. I think it is so cool that everyone around you is happy. Everyone is in a celebrating mood and it is heart-warming to be in an environment like that. My name was called. I walked across the stage, shook Dr. Trauth's hand, took my pictures and went back to my chair. I was graduated. Woah. Done. Done-zo. Finished. What an accomplishment. I graduated in four years with a 3.26 GPA. I was feeling really proud of myself in that moment.
After the ceremony ended, everyone headed out by the river to take pictures and meet up with their family and friends. The tradition at Texas State is to jump in the river after you graduate, fully clothed. Yes, fully clothed. Jake was graduating the next day, so I originally said I would wait and just jump in with him. Yeah, I definitely changed my mind. It was MY graduation day and I could always jump in the river the next day with him. Nice dress, hair done, no water-proof makeup and I jumped in the freezing cold river. Looking back on it, I am so glad I jumped in the river on Thursday instead of Friday. It was my day and I seized every moment.
Jumping in!!!
Then we went home, cleaned up and went to dinner. We went to this Mexican place, Los Hermanas. Jake and I would always go there, but new management took over and it just wasn't the same. After dinner, we went to the square to celebrate. It was so much fun!
I am so thankful I had the opportunity to graduate from Texas State. I wouldn't change it for the world. The friends I met, the memories I made and the knowledge are gained are priceless.
When did you graduate? Did you have any wardrobe mishaps or funny stories?
Have a fabulous day!! Stay healthy, happy and positive!!
Love,
AB






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!