Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Recap: Dog Park Fun

Happy Monday! There is a cold front coming through today, so it is rainy, windy and nasty outside. Tomorrow is going to be absolutely gorgeous, so I cannot wait. I had a little fiasco with Ava this morning. My poor puppy has had diarrhea for a couple days and threw up this morning. I saw a worm in her vomit - A FREAKING WORM - so immediately called the vet to get her an appointment. They told me to bring her in, and they would find a time to treat her since all appointments today were booked. Isn't our vet awesome?! I treat her for worms and she was just cleared three weeks ago by a fecal exam. Ugh.

 We took her to the dog park and she played in muddy water, so I am pretty sure that is how she got it. I just hate seeing her not feel good. We woke up this morning at 4 am because she was crying in her crate. She never cries, so I knew she had to go outside and wasn't feeling good. It literally stresses me out and breaks my heart to see her like this. If I feel this bad with a dog, I can't even imagine what I will be like with kids. I am currently waiting on a call from the vet to let me know what the next steps are for treatment.

Update with Ava: They said she is worm free - woo! They weren't sure what I saw this morning, because of her test results being negative. They gave her a de-wormer just to be on the safe side. They also said the bacteria in her gut was off balance, so she will be on a probiotic and some medicine to help get her stomach back to normal. Thank the Lord for a good vet and good answers! My heart is feeling much better! Now to get my favorite girl and give her some TLC. I just cannot wait to have her personality come out again, until there is stuffing all over our floors, constant squeaky noises in the background and a crazy puppy running laps around the apartment.

Anyway, here is the weekend recap:

F R I D A Y:

I got home from work and I had a dance party with Jake and Ava. It was fun and I love dancing and being silly with my two favorite people. Dancing just makes the soul smile. My sister came in from college, so Jake and I met my family for dinner. We went to Fajita Jacks. It was great! We visited for a while, and then went home. We were so tired from the week we were in bed by 10:30.
The lighting is terrible, but Ava and I dancing. 


S A T U R D A Y:

I woke up around 7 am Saturday morning and took Ava on a walk. We had breakfast and then went to the dog park. Ava was running, playing and being a total social bunny. The first time she went to the dog park she was really timid, but this time she was acting like a kid on a playground. She was playing with the other dogs, playing and rolling in the mud. She was having so much fun... until bath time. There is a rinse station where you can wash your dogs after they play. It is perfect, but Ava would disagree. Ava is not a fan of baths, so I washed her as quick as I could.
COVERED IN MUD!!!! I think we were the only dog-parents happy to have a muddy dog (until today, of course). 

Liz met us at the dog park and didn't have any plans until later that night, so she hung out with us for the rest of the day. We went shopping. I got my candles from Bath and Body Works. I decided on Sweater Weather. Oh. my. goodness. they smell heavenly! I also found white converse. I have been looking for a while, so it was nice to finally get a pair. Now for outfit ideas?? Help! We went back home and watched college football and a couple shows on Hulu. Liz showed me how to contour my face. I am still learning, but it will get better with more practice. She is so talented with make up and hair. I am a little jealous of her abilities! :-) Liz had to babysit, so she left. I was starving, so we went to a Chinese place by the apartment to have dinner. It was pretty good. We were supposed to go out, but we ended up staying in and watching more TV. 

S U N D A Y: 

Sunday we woke up and hit the ground running. We took Ava on a walk. I made homemade pancakes for breakfast. I have been craving them for the last couple of weeks, so it was nice to get my fix. Jake and I cleaned the entire apartment top to bottom. After cleaning, we went to my parents house for dinner. Oh my gosh we were so hungry we were eating like prisoners. I hate when I get that hungry. After dinner we watched more football, went back to our apartment and went to bed. 

Overall, we had another great weekend. We got a lot done which always makes the upcoming week less stressful. I just wish Ava was feeling better. 

Have a great day and enjoy the wonderful weather tomorrow!! 

Love, 

AB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS