Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekend Recap: San Antonio for Jake's Mom's Birthday

Happy Monday! Again, the weather is perfection! It is supposed to be beautiful this weekend, so it is perfect for my birthday celebrations. This past weekend Jake and I went to San Antonio to celebrate his moms birthday. It was tons of fun and it was great seeing his grandparents, mom and sister. We missed seeing his dad this weekend, but we'll see him soon.

F R I D A Y 

Friday night after work we had dinner at Salata. It is basically a subway for salads.  You walk down the line and tell them what you want on your salad or wrap. They have every topping you can think of. I love their tea too! It is so yummy and refreshing. Basically, I love Salata and go at least once a week. We had dinner in Houston before we left so traffic could die down and I was starving. I get pretty hangry when I don't eat, so it was a smart decision to get dinner before. Ha! We drove to San Marcos to get some stuff from the house and it was a little closer so it was a win win situation. We were exhausted when we got there so it was showers and bed. 

S A T U R D A Y 

Saturday morning we FINALLY got to catch up on our sleep. It was very much needed. We laid around until about 10 and got moving. We are so used to getting up at 7, so when we got up around 10 it was exciting. To an extent we felt we wasted our morning, but we really needed sleep. We watched a little bit of HGTV (my favorite), but Jake and I both agree that we are so much happier without cable because we aren't constantly sitting in front of the TV. We went to a taco place right down the street to get breakfast tacos. They were tasty, quick, cheap and easy.

After breakfast, we went to the outlets to get Jake's moms birthday present. We ran a couple other errands, but that was the main one. She wanted a Vera Bradley lunch box. She is teaching now and wanted something cute to bring her lunch in. We got her a cute tuber ware thing too. We stopped by Fossil as well. Jake wanted to look at their weekend bags and watches. I got him his birthday present! It's a watch, and that is all he knows. He doesn't know if I got him two watches, one watch, or just the watch box. He reads my blog, so after his birthday I will post pictures of his gift. It was a productive shopping/errand trip. We were hungry, so we went to Sam's to get lunch. We got polish dogs and a drink. It is so cheap and good! 

Cute, I know! *Insert hair flip* 

We went back home and packed all our winter clothes up and headed to San Antonio. Being in Texas  you never know when you'll need them, but I wanted to have them just in case we get a crazy cold front. We went to his Oma and Opa's house. We talked with them for a while until it was time to go to dinner. We met his mom at Hofbrau. It was very good! It is a German restaurant. Everyone got beer, except me because I am more of a wine girl. Anyone else with me?! After dinner, we went back to Oma and Opa's house for cake and presents. We had chocolate cake. Yum! We just sat around and talked for the rest of the evening and, of course, played with Ava. I was so exhausted, so after his mom left I took a shower and went to bed. Jake talked with his mom for a little bit longer, so I was already asleep when he came in.



S U N D A Y 

We woke up Sunday morning. I didn't move from the time I went to sleep until I woke up. I slept so good. Tired much?! Jake and I fed Ava and took her on a walk around their neighborhood. Ava was very occupied by all the new smells. We met our friends, Adam and Chantel, for breakfast at Magnolia Pancake Haus. It. Was. Delicious. The pancakes were incredible. I got an omelet as well and it was super good too but the pancakes...divine! Okay, enough about the pancakes I am getting hungry. Everything was fabulous and we will for sure have breakfast there again. After breakfast we went back to Oma and Opa's to visit and say good-bye. We needed to get on the road because there is always traffic going back to Houston. His mom and sister were at Oma and Opa's house, but left right before we got there because they had things to do. We just missed them, so we went to Jake's parents house to say good-bye to them. We headed back to Houston. It took us four hours to get back. We watched football and got ready for the week to close out the night.



Saw this field on our way home. So pretty! 

How was your weekend? What did you do?

Stay happy, healthy and positive!

Love,

AB 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS