"SHUT THE FREAKING FRONT DOOR!!! I GOT NOMINATED FOR A BLOG AWARD!!!" Was my exact text to Jake, my sister, mom and best friend. Audrey at Lilacs and Cutoffs nominated me for the Liebster Award and basically made my month. The Liebster Award is an award that recognizes bloggers with a small following that is less than 200 followers. I was so shocked, flattered and giddy. So thank you, Audrey! :-) I always enjoy reading your blog and every time I read a post I feel like we are sitting in a coffee shop or at dinner catching up. I must admit I check every day to see if you have a new post. I just love them! You are so talented and I think you would make an incredible author, so I hope writing the first ten pages of your novel is going well.
11 Facts About Me
1. I have a little sister. We are four years apart. We are best friends and she is pretty awesome!
2. I have a tendency to turn bright red when any attention is on me. For example, if I asked a question in school in front of the class, red. When I talk to new people, red. When I am the center of attention, red. All of my co-workers think it is the greatest thing ever and love to point out how red I get and laugh. HA! Someone told me that if you wear blue it makes you look less red because it is on the opposite side of the color wheel. Who knows if that is true. All I know is I constantly have a red face and it is the way I have always been regardless if I feel embarrassed or not.
3. I am a black belt in karate.
4. I have a peanut and tree nut allergy. I am also allergic to basically everything outside and some things inside. Allergies suck, but they say it makes your immune system stronger so that's a win in my book.
5. I'm a Texas State University graduate. I got my degree in Business Management.
6. I would have to say my favorite food is Mexican, but Italian is a close second. It more or less depends on the mood I am in that day.
7. I played volleyball and tennis in high school. I was a middle blocker. I played singles, doubles and mixed doubles in tennis. Mixed doubles was my favorite.
8. I have run three half marathons. One in Dallas and two in San Antonio.
9. I am a little impulsive. When I decide I want something, I make it happen. For example, I wanted a dog after I put Baron down, and I had Ava the day after Jake agreed to getting one. I definitely think things out, but once I have made up my mind I make it happen.
10. I won best smile in high school. Ha! I have actually won best smile multiple times. Thanks to my orthodontist and wearing my retainers every night since I got my braces off obviously help.
11. I am a planner 110% and make lists on lists on lists. My sticky notes have sticky notes.
1. Why do you blog?
I blog to document all the little things in my life. I want to capture all the memories I make and be able to have something to look back on in 20 years. My great-grandma wrote down what she did everyday and when she passed away we found them and it was the coolest material-thing she left behind. She lived to be 101, so imagine all the things she experienced in her lifetime. I don't like the idea of keeping journals organized for years to come, so I do it online.
2. What post did you just love writing?
The post I loved writing has to be How Jake and I Met and Started Dating. It is so funny how things work out and the story behind the journey.
3. What quote or motto do you live your life by?
This is a tough one, because I am a quote girl through and through. So instead of picking one, I will pick three.
"Strive for progress not perfection because one day your progress will become perfection."
"The only thing constant in life is change."
"Worry about what needs to be done today and tomorrow will take care of itself."
4. You're throwing a dinner party. What 3 people, dead or alive, do you invite?
If I am throwing a dinner party I would invite my Nana, great-grandma and Uncle Nick. They have all passed away, so if I could throw a dinner party and it would allow me to spend another day with them that is exactly what I would do.
5. What three words would you use to describe your fifteen-year-old self?
Oh to be 15 again... LOL! I would have to say athletic, driven and quiet. My life revolved around sports through junior high and high school, so I was definitely athletic. I would go from one practice to the other. I look back and question how I did everything I did, while maintaining good grades and somehow getting sleep. I was driven because I had to stay focused on my school work to be able to play sports. I was quiet because I was pretty shy growing up. I just kept to myself a lot. It wasn't until I started teaching work out classes in college that I got out of my shell.
6. Is there one social justice issue that you feel very strongly about?
Access to Education is a social issue I feel strongly about. It is not that there isn't access to education, it is the people that say there isn't access to education. There are thousands of scholarships and grants out there for people to take advantage of. People are just lazy and don't want to do the work to get the scholarships and grants. When people complain about not being able to go to school or it being too expensive I get irritated. Don't get me wrong, college is super expensive, but the benefits you gain from getting a college degree are worth it times a million in my book. I am a firm believer in if you want something you can have it, but YOU have to make it happen. You can't just sit on your ass and twiddle your thumbs waiting for a magic fairy to come out of the sky and give you want you want. You need to get out there work hard and make it into a reality. The access in education in the United States is unlimited and people should take advantage of that because it is definitely not the same in most countries.
7. What is your go-to outfit?
My go-to outfit is either jeans (normally skinny/straight leg) or shorts with a cute flowy top or plain t-shit/v-neck. It honestly depends on the weather and normally in Texas it is freaking hot so I am in shorts.
8. Least favorite movie of all time?
Least favorite movie of all time has to be Talladega Nights. I know so many people quote from this movie, but I could never stay awake while watching it and I thought it was pretty stupid.
9. If you could live anywhere for one year, where would you go?
If I could live anywhere for one year, I would live in Hawaii. The beaches, tropical paradise, warm weather, mountains... oh the list could go on. That is definitely where I would spend my year.
10. You win $100 and have no choice but to spend it. What do you splurge on?
If I had $100, I would go to Home Goods and buy things for the house that I have been wanting. Rugs, decorative stuff, picture frames, new dishes and kitchen utensils. Oh happy days!
11. Aside from family members, who is one person who had a big impact on your life?
Aside from family, Lauren Brown, my babysitter in junior high, had a big impact on my life. I really struggled with friends in junior high and I think that is the most impressionable and hardest time in a teenagers life. She was encouraging, fun and a positive light in my life. She was really into FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) and youth group. I have always been a believer of God, but she really helped my journey with Christ and helped me get through a tough time. I will always be thankful for her and her spunky, goofy, and crazy self!
My Nominees
Lauren at Fun, Fit, and Fabulous
Kristy at Seven Graces
Ally at Life As I Know It
11 Questions For My Nominees
1. Why do you blog?
2. What post did you just love writing?
3. Who is your hero and why?
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
5. Aside from family members, who is one person who had a big impact on your life?
6. What is your dream vacation?
7. What is one of your biggest goals in life?
8. What is your favorite store(s) to shop at?
9. What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
10. What does your typical weekend look like?
11. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Audrey, thank you again for such a sweet nomination! You really made my month!!
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Love,
Amanda


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!