Friday I took the day off. We went to San Marcos Thursday night, so we could enjoy a full day of fun on Friday. We met my friend, Brookelyn, for breakfast at Buttermilk Cafe. It was delicious! After breakfast, we ran a couple of errands and then we went home. Jake went to the rec to play basketball (his absolute favorite sport) and I had to muster up the motivation to run six miles. My sister got this app called Helium Booth. Many many laughs came from this app this weekend and it is where all the videos on this post were created.
![]() |
| Ava climbed into his lap like she was a little lap dog. LOL |
Jake went to play basketball and I watched HGTV (the one show I really miss now that we don't have cable) and laid on the couch... for a couple hours. Jake's sister, Monika, was coming in town to hang out with us, so I knew I needed to get cracking on my run. I got dressed, grabbed my headphones, downed a glass of water and headed out the door.
Holy moly!! I forgot just how hilly Texas State's campus was. My legs were on fi-ah! I ran into one of my friends from college, Deborah. She was an angel at the top of the Alkek stairs (which are awful stairs aka there are lots of them that lead to the library) because I got to take a little break and talk to her. I ran to the rec to meet Jake and give him the house key and then continued on my run. I was walking back to the house and Monika pulled up. Talk about perfect timing.
I took a shower, got dressed and we went to Taproom. An AWESOME burger place in San Marcos. We all got guacamole queso burgers and they were freaking delicious! After dinner, we went back home, hung out, and watched more HGTV. Seriously we can't get enough. My parents arrived, and I went to bed shortly after because Jake and I had a super long day on Saturday.
S A T U R D A Y
Saturday morning my alarm went off at 5:30. NOT fair. We got up, got dressed and ordered breakfast tacos from a place down the street. We picked them up and went back to the house to scarf them down. Plus, we wanted to hang out with Monika a little bit longer. Monika joined the Navy and left for boot camp on Monday. She is going to do great things and everyone is so proud of her!!
We said our good-byes and headed to the rec for an all day fitness conference called TEXFIT! It is so much fun! It is a conference for all the Texas University fitness and wellness programs to get together and learn new things. I took a yoga class, barre (now obsessed), tabata type class, a yoga/pilates/bootcamp type class and a lecture. The barre and yoga class were my favorite! It was great seeing everyone and meeting a couple of the new instructors.
So it's a small world! I met a blogger I follow. Her name is Lauren and she blogs at Fun Fit and Fabulous. I saw her in the morning and wasn't totally sure if that was her, but it was. Not going to lie, I was super nervous going up to her. But I am so glad I did because putting an actual face to a blog/name is awesome! She is so sweet!
Saturday night we had a home-cooked meal from my mom because that is what Liz wanted for her birthday dinner. We had filets with blue cheese butter, mashed sweet potatoes, salad and brussels sprouts. All were requested from Liz. It was a delicious meal and we were stuffed! After a long day of activity and a good meal I fell asleep on the couch. We were meeting friends out on the square, so I was "going" to take an hour nap... yeah I woke up at 11:45. We were hesitant about going, but I made the executive decision to go. We are young, capable and can sleep later.
We went out and met our friend Allison and her roommate, Amy. We ended up going to a new gay bar on the square to meet our friend, Louie. It was so much fun! That was my first time going to a gay bar and it nice because no one is competing for the opposite sex, everyone is having fun and being themselves. Plus, they played Let It Go for the last song! HA! I am so glad we went out!!
S U N D A Y
Sunday morning we woke up and had some coffee. It was my little sisters birthday, so I was wishing her a happy birthday and showing her some love via all sources of social media. I wrote her this post and I think it is my new favorite post I have written. I sang her happy birthday in bed, and Ava licked her face and walked all over her. Quite the wake up if you ask me! :-)
We had a big breakfast Sunday morning and then helped clean the house. My aunt and uncle recently bought a town home in San Marcos, so we went to their house to check it out. It is beautiful!! Then we went to Mocha and Javas, an excellent coffee shop in San Marcos. I got a hibiscus mint tea. We got on the road to head back to Houston. We stopped at Whataburger for lunch, which totally hit the spot.
We got home, unloaded the car and Ava and I took a nap. Jake was being super productive, but I was so tired! We watched some of our shows and went to the grocery store. Once we got home, we popped a pizza in the oven and watched more TV. I mean how else is a Sunday evening supposed to be spent? Ha! After dinner, we took showers and got in bed. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow!
Do you have a favorite coffee shop in your college town? If, so what is it?
Love,
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!