Monday, February 16, 2015

Weekend Recap: Valentine's Weekend

Hi, friends! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! I am linking up with Biana and Lisa, so lets get to the recap.


F R I D A Y

Friday afternoon Jake's dad, Brooks, and his sister, Monika, came into town. Jake and I were still at work, so they killed time before we got home. Once we got home, we picked up a little before they got there and then we went to dinner at Cracker Barrel. I wanted pizza, but I am always down for a good meal at Cracker Barrel. We went home, showered and went to bed shortly after. We were all tired.




S A T U R D A Y

Saturday morning I woke up and walked the girls. Monika brought her dog, CoCo. Ava is a crazy girl when other dogs are around. She loves to play and will play for hours and hours. Full of energy! We got back to the apartment with tired and hungry puppies. I made breakfast and then we fed the girls. We all ate and then went on another walk, so they could go to the bathroom. We went to Home Depot, so I get stuff for my painting project. Once we got home, I had the guys take our chairs down to the garage and then I got to painting.


I am chalk painting our chairs. I have seen so many of them on Pinterest. I don't want to pay to get them reupholstered, so I am trying this instead. The end product will be navy blue, so I will of course post pictures when they are done.

My sister came over to go see the movie with us. But she really brightened by day by walking in with the most beautiful coral roses, candy and her sweet smile! I love that girl!! I feel terrible because I didn't get her a valentine, but her birthday is Sunday so I will just make up for it then. :-)



We went to see The Kingsmen Saturday afternoon at Alamo Draft House. It was a good movie and pretty gory, to my surprise. My recommendation would be to see it once it comes out on DVD/Red Box. After the movie we went back to the apartment to relax until we went to my parents house. I had the most bizarre headache. I went to the grocery store to get a couple more things for dinner. Liz and I went by Wendy's to get a drink and a little snack. After I had a little food my headache started to feel better. Food and advil are a good combo. We came back to the apartment and everyone was watching James Bond. One of Jake's favorite movies.



Right before we left for my parents, I got a text asking if I made a payment at some radio store. Yeah, no. So thank goodness for my bank's fraud department staying on top of it, because someone stole my credit card number and made a couple charges. My bank dropped those charges and has sent me a new card. So frustrating and I hope that karma gets the people that stole it. So annoying. Unfortunately, with all the technology these days it is only a matter of time before it happens.

We headed to my parents house for dinner and to sit by the fire. We had spaghetti. I made the sauce a couple weeks ago, and froze half of it. All we had to do was warm up the sauce, make noodles and dinner was served. I mean who doesn't like a good homemade spaghetti sauce?!

My dad burns the old records every year. The weather was cool and crisp, not too cold, not windy and just perfect for sitting around a fire. We all hung out, drank wine and beer, relaxed, talked and listened to good tunes. These nights are my favorite!

It was getting late and everyone was getting tired, so we went home, showered and went to bed. I think everyone was asleep before their head hit the pillow. I know I was.

S U N D A Y

Sunday morning Jake was too sweet and took Ava out and then he went and got kolaches for everyone. He's so good! We had breakfast and then Jake volunteered to wash Monika's car. Again, he is so good! I planned to run with my sister around 10 ish, so I said my goodbyes and left for my run. I finished my run and then went back home. I got home and the apartment was vacuumed. Again, he is so good! We finished picking up the apartment and cleaning, so we could celebrate our Valentine's day together.


Valentine's day is important to me. I never really got to celebrate it, so now that I have someone to celebrate it with I want to. But I don't need Jake to buy me flowers, and gifts. I just want his time. With that said, we went to Salata for lunch and brought it home. We caught up on our shows for the week and ate our yummy salads. After we watched our shows, we planned on being productive but a nap sounded so much better and that is exactly what we did.



We I woke up and Jake was downstairs vacuuming the cars out. Again, he is so good. This week the weather is supposed to be rainy and gross, but at least the inside of our cars will be clean. Jake came back in and we ordered pizza, watched SNL 40 (I slept through a lot of it because I was so tired... lame I know) and just hung out. My weekend couldn't have ended on a higher note.



Happy Valentine's Day, friends! I hope your weekend was full of love, laughter and many fun times! Have a great week, stay warm and make your week count!!!

Love,

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS