Happy Monday my friends! This weekend was tons of fun. I am linking up with Lisa and Biana as usual, so let's get to it.
F R I D A Y
Friday night Jake and I were in no mood at all to cook or do dishes so we went out to eat. I took him to Zoe's Kitchen. It is one of my favorites! After dinner we got ice cream because I always crave something sweet after a big meal. We went home and passed out.
S A T U R D A Y
Saturday morning Jake and I ran a couple errands. We had to feed my parent's dogs because they were out of town, go to Sam's to get Ava a new dog bed and Ross because I wanted a new outfit for our anniversary dinner. I didn't find anything I loved, so I left empty handed. After shopping we went to Murphy's Deli. They have an awesome muffuletta that I just love love love. Jake had never been there, so we broke his Murphy's virginity. Ha! We went home, cleaned the apartment and got ready for our date.
Jake made reservations to a place earlier in the week and I didn't know where we were going until I saw it. He is so good! We went to Perry's steakhouse. SO. GOOD. We had awesome wine, delicious food and even better conversation. We reminisce about our past three years and oh what a great three years it has been!
We went back to our apartment to meet our friends, Jay and Marcus. We hung out for a little bit and then we headed to my favorite bar, Local Pour Houston. My favorite cover band, The Maxx, was playing. They are freaking awesome. Check them out here! You won't be disappointed! We met our friends, Cynthia and David, there. They were so much fun! It was so nice having another girl to dance with. She was so much fun!! We stayed, danced, sang and just enjoyed the moment.
S U N D A Y
Sunday morning I woke up around 10. It was so nice sleeping in and Ava was so sweet because she was snuggling with me all morning. I was totally lazy and had high hopes to make French Toast, but yeah nope. I warmed up our left-overs from dinner the night before and chowed down. I met my sister in The Woodlands for our four-mile training run. We ended up getting lost. If you know us, you know this is a common occurrence. We ran our four-miles and walked a little less than two miles to get back to where we started. Liz and I had lunch at Zoe's Kitchen and then I went home.
I got home, showered, and laid on the couch. I had high hopes of getting stuff done, but sleep just sounded so good. I slept for about 15 minutes and it was time to go to my parent's house to watch the Super Bowl.
We headed there with Little Miss Ava, snacks and a empty stomach. We hung out, ate way too much food, ate blue cheese bacon burgers and ate cookies to top it off. My mom is the best cook! She knows her away around a kitchen. My favorite commercials were the Budweiser one and the Fiat one. I thought Katy Perry ROCKED it at half time. So at work we did squares. I bought one because the only cash I had was a dollar. Well I ended up winning $40 because I won two quarters - ha!
After the Super Bowl we watch Black List. SO. GOOD. I love that show! I cannot wait for the next episode. After that we went home, showered and go in bed as quick as we could because we were exhausted!
How was your weekend? What was your favorite Super Bowl commercial?
Love,
Amanda
Monday, February 2, 2015
Weekend Recap: Anniversary Dinner, Local Pour, and the Super Bowl
Labels:
Anniversary,
Weekend Recap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!