Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Weekend Recap: Concert, Lake, and San Antonio

Happy Wednesday! My days have been all kinds of crazy this week. Between the holiday weekend, the monsoon in Texas and all the flooding my days have been all backwards. Today feels like a Monday and it definitely is not. Anyway, my weekend was Ah-maz-ing so let's get to the recap!!


F R I D A Y

Friday night Jake and I kicked off our Memorial day weekend with the Kenny Chesney concert. Let me just tell you... AH-MAZ-ING!!! We were standing, all but two songs, dancing and singing every word at the top of our lungs. Such a BLAST!!!!

S A T U R D A Y

Saturday morning we took Little Miss Ava to the dog park. She played and ran around like a loony-toon! We got home and got ready for the lake. We met my parents at Lake Conroe. There were scattered thunderstorms all day, so it was mostly cloudy. My sister and I got into a huge water fight against my dad, Jake and Rudy. I say it was a tie - lol! After a day on the lake we went to a Mexican place for dinner. It was delicious as always!

Saturday night really bad storms hit a lot of Texas. San Marcos, my college town, flooded really bad. A lot of homes were destroyed, people got hurt (some died) and a lot of damage was done. The Blanco River flooded and the water was actually over I-35. It stormed really bad in Houston as well. I didn't sleep really well because of all the weather alerts, the loud thunder and stormy weather outside. I normally enjoy sleeping through a thunderstorm, but getting tornado warnings, flash flood warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings are not my cup of tea.

S U N D A Y

Sunday morning we woke up and checked the news. The pictures we saw of the Texas Hill Country were heartbreaking. I did a quick PiYo workout and packed up my clothes for San Antonio. We left town and started our trek to San Antonio to celebrate Jake's grandma's birthday.

We got to San Antonio and visited with Jake's grandparents. We went to Saltgrass for dinner and then came back home to eat cake and open presents. We skyped with Monika, Jake's sister who is in the Navy, while we sang happy birthday. Technology is so awesome!!

After hanging out with his family for a while, we went to our friends, Randy and Selina, house to hang out with them and Adam and Chantel. The girls hung out and so did the guys, played heads up (the best game ever) and just enjoyed the time spent together.

We got home around 1:30ish and were exhausted!!


M O N D A Y

Monday morning we woke up at 7:30 for breakfast with Jake's grandparents and then went on a three mile walk. After, we came home to hang out and I took a nap. I was so tired!! After my fabulous nap, we met Jake's parents at Jason's Deli for lunch. Let's stop for a second and reflect on the best part of eating at Jason's Deli... the free ice cream!! Okay, back to it - lol! After lunch we went back to Oma and Opa's house to get our stuff, our sweet Ava and to say our goodbyes. We got on the road and traffic was nuts! It took forever to get home. Once we got home, we went to the grocery store, cooked dinner and relaxed. It stormed REALLY bad in Houston on Monday night. It flooded a lot of parts of Houston. All of the schools were closed Tuesday and there were delays going into work.

Overall it was an exhausting weekend, but so much fun!! Many memories were made this weekend!

What did you do over your three day weekend??

Love,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS