Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Weekend Recap: Two Weekends

I am clearly behind on my weekend recaps, so I am just going to combine them into one post.


May 8-10: 

  • Jake's family reunion
    • Which is always tons of fun!! His family is so sweet and all great people! 
    • We camped in a screened in shelter.
    • I looked like a total city girl in my leggings, jacket zipped up all the way and my hunter boots. Mosquitos love me and I stayed covered. Every day I sprayed myself with mosquito spray and lathered in sunscreen. I smelled like roses (sarcasm)! :-) 
    • I had my fair share of yummy BBQ! 
    • We relaxed in the Frio River for a couple of hours. They don't call it the Frio for nothing. That water is freezing! 
    • Jake and I went on a run to the spot where we normally drop our tubes in for the float. 
    • Caught up with family! 
    • Learned more about Jake's family and all their crazy stories of when they grew up. 
  • Drove in a lot of rainy weather.
  • Was disconnected from the world for a weekend because there is hardly any service out there. 
  • Celebrated Mother's Day with my mom. We went to their house for dinner. Love my Mom!! 
  • Got very little sleep! 
  • Laughed a lot, drank a lot and, most importantly, enjoyed family time! 

May 15-17: 

  • My best friend, Sylvia, graduated from Texas A&M!! 
  • Jake and I went on a date Friday night. We went to Alamo Draft House and watched the new Avenger's movie. We ate way too much popcorn, but the movie was good!
  • We got a couple's massage Saturday morning. 
    • It was amazing!!! 
  • Cleaned the entire apartment and did laundry. 
  • Went to Huntsville to help my dad move tile boxes. Those suckers are heavy. 
  • Saturday night we left Huntsville around 9, so when we got home it was showers and snuggling as we caught up on our shows. 
  • Sunday morning we slept in, which we didn't want to do. 
  • We had brunch at Another Broken Egg. 
  • Went to Target and I got two new lipsticks. So cute and I love them! 
  • Drove in the rain again. So OVER the rain!!! 
  • Took a nap, watched TV and relaxed. 
  • The Houston Rocket's won! WOO! Basketball is so intense! 
  • Got ready for our next week! 
What our Sunday looked like! 

I feel like our weekends are always busier than our week, but we are living life and can sleep when we are dead! I love weekends filled with family, Jake and lots of fun times. 

Love, 

Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS