I have learned...
... more about power plants, gas turbines, finned tubes, coolers, steam turbines, etc. than I ever thought I would EVER know.
...who my real friends are. Those friends that are true and care about you - treat them right and cherish them.
... walking away from someone that is toxic is easier done than said. If I would have know how easy it was, I would have walked away a long time ago.
... life is short and you have limited free time, so spend it wisely. Spend it doing things that better YOU! That means hanging out with people that lift you up, spending time making memories, and working on becoming the best you.
... relationships are hard work, but so worth it!! There is give and take. You have to find the right balance and there will be trial and error to find what works. Work at it and be with someone that wants to work just as hard as you do.
... to TRAVEL!!! Even if it is expensive, the trips I have taken this year are memories that I will have for forever. Save, plan and make it happen! You will not regret it.
... no matter what degree you get, you will use EVERYTHING you have learned in the real world. Some things will be used at your job and some in conversation. If you can relate to someone in a conversation because you know what they are talking about, you are already on another level with them. So read, converse and always strive to learn more.
... making new friends out of school is tough. You really do have to put yourself out there to meet new people.
... having an emergency fund is a MAJOR MUST!!! 10% of your paycheck needs to go into a savings account for this. I thank God I had one for some medical costs that came up shortly after I started working.
... stand up for yourself and do not let people push you around because you are young. Research and get the facts. Sometimes you need to be pushy to get your way. I experienced this with medical bills/insurance. Do NOT think just because a doctor or front desk person says it, it is true. Get the answers for yourself.
... do not share how much you are making with anyone.
... workout!! Get off your hinny and MOVE!! Your body will thank you for it! Even if it is for a short walk.
... Grins margaritas at 3pm are no longer an option, but happy hour after work is! :-)
... life goals are not achieved overnight or your first year of full time work.
... you don't have to use your degree to be successful or happy.
... you don't owe anyone but yourself a reason for big spends. You actually don't have to explain yourself or anything you do to anyone.
... This is your time to be selfish, so don't worry about making anyone else happy but you!
... Enjoy life!! Seize the moment!! Make every. single. day. count!!
Trying not to make it too long so last but not least, I have been thinking about the thing I was most stressed about when I was about to graduate... What job should I get? What industry should I go in?
I thought that I had to have it all figured out before I graduated, BUT you absolutely don't! Here's the thing when you are looking for a job open as many doors as possible, and when you find the one that feels right, checks off on your must have list, and the opportunity presents itself - TAKE IT!!! Never in a million years did I think I would be working where I am now, but I couldn't be happier and I am so glad I get to come to work and learn so much every single day. Just know God already has a wonderful plan for your life, you just have to have faith and trust he is going to open and close every door to get you there. If you are in a position with two open doors that are just perfect, pick one! If they are both open... there is no wrong door. Just make the best decision for YOU!!!
Overall, I am so proud of myself in all that I have learned, gone through, all of failures and successes. The real world is tough, but I am so much tougher! :-) Here's to another great year as a big kid! Ha!
Love,
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!