Monday, January 5, 2015

Hello 2015!! 2015 Resolutions

Happy Monday!! I have been MIA from the blog world for the past couple of weeks, but now I am back and have plenty of writing to do, so be looking for all the recaps. :-)

For Christmas I was in San Marcos and San Antonio. We got back the 26th and left for New York on the 27th at the crack of dawn. I just got back yesterday and boy was I glad to be back. It was a lot of fun, but I am happy to get back into my routine and tackle the new year.


Every year I have resolutions. To me, they are more like my goals for the year and I try to make them SMART goals. Specific, measurable, attainable, results-focused, and time-bound. I have many goals, but these make my resolution list this year, so here we go!



1. Save more money!! I think this is a pretty generic resolution/goal for everyone. I want to save more money for trips, a home that I want to be in the next couple of years, and my next car (which will be a while away but why not start saving for the down payment now). Jake talks about the 52-week challenge and it is where you put the dollar amount for the week it is. It adds up to about $1,500 by the end of the year. Even if I start saving a couple hundred dollars a month it is something that will help me in the long run. Emergency fund, vacation fund.... sound great to me!

2. Jake and I are going to make a bench and a kitchen table by the end of 2015. We want the bench to be by our front door and be able to have shoes under it. We will find chairs at a flea-market or something for our table and refinish them. We have a year to do this and what an accomplishment to be able to say WE made some of our furniture.

3. I want to get my nails and toes done at least once a month.

4. I want to read more. Jake got me two books for Christmas for our "read" gift. I want to finish both by April.

5. I have been wanting to be apart of Big Brother, Big Sister for a while now and I am going to sign up for is this month. I have a special place in my heart for children and would love to be a mentor, friend and encourager of life to them. Jake and I both are going to do this.

6. Run another half marathon. Jake and I want to maybe run a half marathon together on our road trip we will take this year. It will be sometime around October/November.

7. Play tennis at least twice a month. I used to play tennis in high school and I loved it. I miss playing. so I can easily play twice a month. It is good and fun exercise too, so it is a win-win.

8. Get involved with stocks. I will start around March/April time. I have a retirement fund started, but I want to get involved with the stock market. Bigger risk, bigger reward. Over time stocks earn you the most money. The one thing of many I learned in my investment class in college.

9. Make our apartment more homey. I want to hang up pictures, curtains, and other things. I want to spruce it up and make it feel warm and welcoming.

10. Live in the moment and enjoy it!! This was my resolution last year and it is something I am constantly working on, so it is only fitting to have it again this year.


What are some of your resolutions?? I would love to hear about them!

I hope you had a great Christmas, New Years and have an even better 2015! Thanks for reading and making my 2014 great!

Love,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Saving is always on my list and you're very smart for making these long term goals measurable - that's the hardest part of goals...you got to have something for an end goal!!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS