F R I D A Y
Since we were going out of town early Saturday morning, we brought pizza and wine over to my parents house for dinner and to drop Ava off. We were not just going to drop Ava off and leave. I don't know if you remember my resolutions(if not you can read them here), but one of them was to play tennis twice a month so that is just what we did. My dad, Jake and I headed to our neighborhood tennis courts and played.
Tennis just makes me giddy and happy. I used to play in high school and it has always been a sport I genuinely like. We played for about an hour and a half and then headed back home for yummy homemade deep dish pizza and wine. We hung out with them for a while, played with Ava and then headed home.
My sister and I are going to do two half marathons this year, so I stayed up late looking at possible races. I read blogs, surfed Pinterest, caught up on Facebook/Instagram and basically did everything, but go to bed early. I ended up falling asleep at 2:30 and set my alarm for 7 am. That would be five and a half hours of sleep if I fell asleep right then.
S A T U R D A Y
Saturday morning I woke up to my alarm blaring and me not wanting to move. I am sure you could of guessed that from the last sentence on Friday. I woke up and got dressed, made breakfast and then Jake and I hit the road for San Antonio. We made plans to meet his family for lunch. We met them around 11:30 at Jason's Deli. I love that place because you get free ice cream. The best for a sweet eater like me! Are you persuaded to go somewhere if they have free ice cream for after your meal?? Always a bonus! We visited with them until 2:30 and then went to our friends, Adam and Chantel, apartment.
Chantel, Valerie and I went to get manis/pedis. Another one of my resolutions I fulfilled this weekend. The guys went to play disc golf and hang out. We went to the grocery store to get wine and stuff for the party that night. We headed back to their apartment, got ready and then headed to dinner. We went to dinner at one of Adam and Chantel's favorite spots. We met Jake's cousin and husband there as well. It was delicious! I had yummy margaritas and Jake and I split the beef fajitas for one. So. much. food. I was stuffed, a little tipsy and tired from the lack of sleep I got the night before. I literally could have gone back, showered and went to bed. Lame, I know!
We got back and everyone started to come over. Adam and Chantel are moving out of their apartment (to save money for a house) in two weeks, so they wanted to have a last hooray in their apartment. It was so much fun! We got to see and visit friends we haven't seen in a long time. We met a couple new people and just enjoyed the time with everyone.
The cops were called twice (yikes!) and nothing happened. We were being loud, but in the sense that everyone was having different conversations so it was loud from people competing to talk. We ended up going to bed around 4:45 am. Oh I was so tired. We brought our air mattress and a couple people spent the night because they were too intoxicated to drive. One guy, Adam's brother, snored SO LOUD! Like Darth Vader loud. Normally I can sleep through anything, but Lord have mercy I was having trouble staying asleep.
S U N D A Y
Jake made plans to meet his family Sunday morning for breakfast at 8:30. So about five hours of sleep Friday night and around three and a half hours of sleep (being generous) on Saturday night. Needless to say I was pretty grouchy and exhausted. We got dressed and met them at Whataburger. We visited for a while and then we went outside to give them their souvenirs from New York. Monika, Jake's sister, has the cutest little puppy, CoCo, so I of course wanted to love on her. Well I picked her up and she freaking peed on me!! EWWW! That was a first! We went to Walmart to get Jake this lotion because his family freaked out about how dry his skin was and then we went back to Adam and Chantel's to have brunch with them.
We got back to Adam and Chantel's and no one was moving yet. We hung out there for about an hour and then went to a taco place. It was really good! I personally like corn tortillas more than flour and good gosh their homemade corn tortillas were delicious! I definitely want to go back there. After brunch we went back to their apartment, got our stuff and headed out. I had to make a quick stop at the mall to get an engagement and birthday gift for my best friend, Sylvia and then we headed back to Houston.
The drive wasn't too bad, but we were so tired it seemed terrible and long. Jake is such a champ for driving and getting us home safe. I was supposed to meet Sylvia for dinner and we ended up putting it off until today because she was going to have her birthday dinner with her family. In a way, I was really happy because I was so dang tired. We got back to Houston and we went by my parents house to get Ava. We ended up having dinner with them. It was awesome! We had white chicken and spinach enchiladas and salad. My mom is just a great cook and very generous to give us some left-overs for today.
We hung out with them for a little bit and then went home, feed and walked Ava and went to bed. We were so dang tired! Exhausted I tell ya!
Overall it was a great weekend and it was so good to spend it with family and friends! I am looking forward to somehow catching up on my sleep this next week. I am not sure when I will, but I will figure that out later. I hope you had a great weekend! What did you do?? I would love to hear all about it!!
Love,
Amanda



I hope you got lots of sleep last night!! Just reading this made me tired! Glad you had a fun weekend though :) Oh, and I'm seeking out a Jasons Deli ASAP. Free ice cream? Yes please!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness- homemade deep dish pizza! Do you have a recipe? I went to college in Chicago and always get cravings for deep dish pizza!
ReplyDeleteTWO half marathons?! That is just amazing. Good job for sticking with your resolutions...I am pretty sure most people have already forgotten theirs (guilty). Oh, and welcome to the "dog peed on me club!" Brings back a lot of memories I'd rather forget (haha). All of your posts make Texas sound irresistible...the weather, the food, the scenes. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures :)
ReplyDelete