Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Positivity Project

It's Hump day!! Half way done with the first full work week of 2015. How does it feel?? I think this week has flown by and I am ready for the weekend. Since I have been back, I have been doing some major blog reading catching up. I have seen many posts about the positivity project and I think it is so great so I am doing it too and putting my NY trip recap on hold for a day. 



"What is the Positivity Project?  Basically, it's all about not being so hard on ourselves as women.  I know we're all our own worst critic but we don't have to be!  Let's spend this new year being kinder to not only our significant others, friends, family but also to ourselves.  Because we are awesome and we deserve it!" 
-Katie 

Amanda from Meet @ the Barre came up with this amazing idea. She is so smart! Now, on to the questions!

1. Tell me something that you love about yourself. 

Everyone has been doing physical attributes, so I guess I will do one too. Physically, I love my legs. They are muscular and long. I was blessed with good leg genes from my mom and dad. I also got my good legs by mowing the yard, running/working out and playing sports. Texas State is a walking and very hilly campus. Everyone says, and they aren't lying, that you can tell seniors from freshman just by looking at their legs. It's true! Overall, they are my favorite because they are the two things on my body that get me from place to place and enable me to do all the things I love. 

See my mom's legs are rocking too! I get it from my mama! 
Crazy tan I know, but I was in Cancun for a week. 
 2. Tell me what you want to work on. 

I am keeping it 100% honest and real on my blog, so I would want to work on not having such high expectations for people. I have drastically improved on this over the years, but it is and will probably always be a work in progress. I like to think that people want to treat me as I do them, but that is not always the case. I have had many friends and people not live up to my expectations and when they don't I get upset and get my feelings hurt. I read the five love languages and it helped me a lot. Not everyone shows their love/friendship in the same way. While I do have expectations of how I should be treated, I have changed these expectations to be more realistic for the people in my life. 




3. Give a compliment and mean it. 

I have my list of blogs I read every day and one in particular I really have come to love is M.Brace. Audrey is a girl around my age that writes about anything and everything under the sun. She has recently started doing fashion posts. Gosh she has a fabulous sense of style and looks ah-maz-ing in every. single. one. I love her positive attitude and desire to make everyone feel great in their own skin. She is going to make the best teacher one day. She makes me want to be a better person just by reading her blog, so I couldn't imagine the way she makes people feel that have the privilege of knowing her personally. I hope one day we can meet in person because I could see us becoming really good friends! Even though we have only read each others blogs and leave comments I feel like I have formed a friendship with her. Audrey you are an amazing person and you make this world a brighter place! Keep on writing girlfriend!! :-) 



4. Tell me something that you are proud of, succeeded in or are just generally pumped about. 

I am proud of myself for doing things I never thought I would do last year. I made decisions about my life that were tough, but I am so much happier now that certain things and people are no longer in my life. Negativity doesn't belong in my life. Ain't nobody got time for that! I am super pumped about this new year, all the things I have planned to do and all my goals. I am super excited about making our bench and kitchen table. Oh the things you get excited about as you get older. 

I think this is such a great project that is going around the blog world! Positivity is contagious!! 


Love, 

Amanda 



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you did this!! Love it! I totally understand what you mean about expecting more than you get out of people - I've been down that same road before. I've been meaning to read the 5 Love Languages so now I'm really going to make a point of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts floating around blog land!! I think it's hard to grasp that the way you treat people isn't necessarily how you'll be treated by them and I've learned to cope with that as I got older as well!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!!! Sorry I am so late to the party but you have no idea how much reading this post tonight just made my day! I am 100% with you girl trying to stay away from the drama and negativity has been such an important life lesson I have learned as I've grown up! You do have gorgeous legs! Thanks so much for this post! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS