Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March Goals

Holy moly it is March! I know February is a short month, but dang this year is already flying by a little too fast for me. So before I list my March goals I thought I should go back and recap my February goals. So let's get to it!



February Goals: 

1. Send at least one letter aka snail mail once a week. Pass!! I sent four people happy snail mail this month. It is a rewarding feeling when you get a text saying how you have made someones day. 

I think this is a great way to brighten someone's day. I love getting snail mail and feel rewarded when I send it to people. This will be one of the ways I work on the people that care in my life.

2. Read at least 30 pages a week. FAIL!!!! I didn't read one page. BUT (there's always a but) does blogging and Facebook count?! If so, then pass. Just kidding. That was not the rules. The rules were in a book. 

This number may seem super low and it is, but even if I read five pages a night for six days I am reading more than I am right now. I need to set down the cellular device and get my nose in a book.

3. Clean out my closet. FAIL!!!! I had every intention, but with our weekends were so busy I never had the time and I am not one of those people that can do a section a night. I am all in or out. You need to be in a certain mood to clean out a closet. 

Y'all. My closet is overflowing and pretty unorganized which stresses me out. I need to get on top of my laundry and clean out the clothes I don't wear or have a use for anymore. I have shoes that are just too tight on my feet. Clothes that aren't practical anymore. Major clean out this month.

4. Hang up our curtains. PASS! Jake hung up the curtains in the living room. It looks great in there and once I finish chalk-painting the chairs it will tie everything together. 

I bought curtains on Groupon forever ago and still haven't hung them up. We bought our curtain rods last weekend, so we are moving in the right direction.

5. Get my nails done at least once this month. FAIL!! Again, too much traveling this month and I had intentions of doing this, but it didn't happen. Boo. My nails definitely need to get done soon. 

If you remember, this was one of my New Year resolutions. So it is a must on the goal list this month.

6. Teach Ava a new trick. PASS!! Ava learned how to roll over! She is so dang smart! Love that girl!! 

This month I would like to teach Ava how to roll over consistently. She doesn't really like rolling over, so this should be interesting. She is such a fast learner and can typically learn a new trick in about 15 minutes, but with rolling over she struggles.

7. Play tennis 3X this month. FAIL!! I played once and had every intention of playing last week. I had it marked in my planner, but then the weather was crapy, cold and rainy. 

This was also a resolution. I only played one time in January, so I need to make up for it in February.


8. FINISH the terms and conditions at work. PASS!!! Finished them and it was the best feeling! 

We are in the process of creating our own T&C's. Well T&C's are those things that are super long, have tiny print and are the most boring things to read. You know the things you just accept on iTunes? Yeah. That is what I am writing and working on but for the company I work for.


Okay, now that we got through that (50% success rate) let's go over my March goals!

March Goals: 

1. Spend more time with Jake. 

We have been going and going and going, so we are using March to have more 'us' time.

2. Don't make as many plans. 

I am a planner through and through and like weekends to be filled with fun activities, but I need a break and need to learn it is okay to not have something on the calendar.

3. Get my nails done. 

Hopefully making this one happen. Lord knows I need them done!

4. Send snail mail every week. 

I liked this one so much from last month I am keeping it.

5. Just enjoy the moment! 

Keeping it laid back and simple in March. What are your goals for this month?

Have a great day!!

Love,

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS