Happy Hump Day, friends!! I have started listening to podcasts on my way to and from work. I started with Joel Osteen and am slightly obsessed. It is my "quiet" time and allows me to start and end my day on a good note. You know those sermons you listen to and you feel like the preacher is talking to just you? Well that was me while listening to his podcast about friends. It was so great and hit home with me so I had to share the high points with y'all for my wisdom Wednesday! Are you ready? This is good.
God has people already chosen for you life. He works in seasons and there comes a time when people that aren't benefiting you anymore need to go. If you hold on to them, eventually there will be trouble/drama and they will be out of your life. So move on and save yourself the trouble, because God always gets his way! Get rid of them to make room for the people that God has planned for you life. Those people are the ones that are going to take you to your maximum potential.
When you have certain people in your life that only want to take and not give, it is time for them to go. You are not benefiting them or you by keeping them around. They need certain people just as you do. You need to surround yourself with people that have the same mind set as you. Driven, motivated, positive, etc. because that is how you will become. The good Lord knows what you need to get to where you need to be. Let him work his magic because it is so much better than you could of ever imagined!
God gives you people to carry you. They are the ones that will open doors/opportunities for you, encourage you to be better, take the time to do things with you, introduce you to their friends that carry them, and ones that don't require a lot of work from you. Friendships with these people are easy. It just makes sense. Do you have friends like this? I know I do! :-)
I needed to hear that the other day and will need to remember this days to come. I have struggled with friends and learning when to move on. I think we all have at one point or another. It is so tough because you are "friends" with that person and have shared so many memories, but if they are draining and you don't feel great after hanging out with them then it is time to move on. God has your next friend already lined up!! They cannot come into your life until you get rid of the other friend. It is hard, I know. Trust me, I really do!
Does this make sense?
Just remember God has amazing plans for your life and a purpose! But to reach our full potential we need certain people to get us there. I love the quote ,"Everyone that comes into your life is either a lesson or a blessing." Amen! You learn and grow from every relationship you have. I hope that this post can bring you closure, as it did for me, if you are struggling with a friendship or relationship. It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear to officially close the chapter of the book I was so dearly trying to hold on to. Isn't it funny how the good Lord works? He truly does always get his way! :-)
I hope you have had the most amazing day!!
Love,

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!