Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Weekend Recap: San Marcos and the Houston Rodeo

It's going up on a Tuesday... I have literally had this song stuck in my head all day yesterday and it wasn't even Tuesday. Anyway, this weekend was a busy one and I still feel exhausted. We celebrated my dad's and grandma's birthday on Saturday and went to the rodeo on Sunday. There was a lot that happened, so let's get to the recap.



F R I D A Y

Friday after work, I came home and started packing for a quick trip to San Marcos. We were both hungry, so we cut our packing short to go eat dinner, get gas for the trip and stop by Walgreens to pick up some pictures. On our way to dinner we got caught in a HUGE down pour storm. Yikes! We stopped at Taco Cabana for dinner because it was easy, cheap and quick. Once we got back, we loaded up the car and headed out. We finally got to San Marcos around 11. There were scattered showers throughout the whole trip. Driving in the rain at night is my least favorite. We got to San Marcos and hung out with everyone and then shortly went to bed.

S A T U R D A Y

Saturday morning Jake and I got up and headed to the outlets (which are AWESOME!!). I thought they opened at 9... nope. 10. So we had some coffee and called Jake's grandparents to kill some time. We needed to get my dad a birthday gift and Jake wanted to go into Tommy Bahama, so that is where we went. Keeping it simple! I got my dad an outfit that received high praise from everyone when he opened his gift later in the day. They were having a big sale that day and the women's swim was 70% off. Well hello *insert hair flip*!! I walked away with a super cute swim suit and a cover up ALL LESS than what I would have paid for ONE item! Winner winner!! Jake got a couple shirts and he looks so handsome in them!

We got home, had lunch and visited with everyone. My grandma likes western movies, so we watched a couple with her. It was a pretty lazy day. My mom made enchiladas for dinner (I will be sharing the recipe soon) and gosh they were awesome!! My aunt bought cupcakes for everyone, so we enjoyed a sweet treat after dinner. After eating, everyone started getting their stuff together to leave because we were all headed back home Saturday night.

We loaded up the car and started our drive back to Houston. We got back around 11 and weren't really that tired. I am surprised because I didn't sleep well on Friday night. We picked-up-cleaned-up the apartment and did some organizing. We ended up going to bed around 1:45.

S U N D A Y

Sunday morning I got up to let Ava out. Jake slept in a little bit and I watched this weeks episode of Grey's Anatomy. Do you think he cheated?! I am thinking yes. Anyway, Jake got up and we only had two eggs total, no bread, fruit or milk, so I went to Whataburger for breakfast. Not the healthiest, but I was hangry and it was easy.

I got acrylic nails a couple of weeks ago and they were beautiful and I loved them. BUT they got really annoying and started lifting, so I wanted them off. I thought getting them taken off somewhere else (not my normal place) would be a good experience. NOPE! The absolute worst experience EVER!!!! They cut seven out of my ten fingers while filing and didn't spray them down with alcohol after to make sure they were clean. They were on the phone the whole time and were so rude. I could go on and on, but just know that it was awful and I will never go there again!!

I was thinking the nail place would be quick and I would be able to run my six miles for my half marathon training, but it took a couple hours so my run was in jeopardy. I got ready for the rodeo and we headed to my parents house because we were going to ride together.



We headed to the rodeo, traffic was a little nuts, but not too bad. My dad is such a good driver when it comes to dealing with heavy traffic. We got to the rodeo and walked around, ate a little food and then went into the stadium. I enjoy watching the rodeo and all the events. Those people are crazy!!


Luke Bryan was the performer and he was awesome!!!! GREAT concert!! He walked around and would take selfies with people. There was two ladies in front of us and he took a selfie with them and then kissed one of their cheeks.



We drove home and traffic was a mess. I believe they said that there was 74,000 people there, so getting that many people home was NUTS! We eventually got home and then played with Ava for a little bit, took showers and crashed. I was so tired.


Overall this weekend was great!! It is always fun celebrating birthdays and spending time with family!

How was your weekend? Have you ever seen Luke Bryan in concert? What did you think of him?

Love,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS