Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Recap: Poker Night, Pizza and Lots of Rain

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you had a great weekend. The weather here is blah. It is rainy, cloudy and cold. I just want to see the sun and feel the warmth on my skin and wear my sunglasses. Anyway, our friends, Adam and Chantel, came down this weekend so if that gives you any kind of preview it should be that we had a great weekend! I am linking up with Biana, so let's get to it.

F R I D A Y

Friday night Jake planned a poker night with a really random mix of guys and I planned a girls night with some of the girls in the group. A lot of the girls were busy, so it ended up being Chantel, Michelle (she came with one of Jake's friend, Justin) and me. We all know how it is when you have people coming over. It is a mad house to clean everything and it normally gets thrown into one room people won't go in... the bedroom. LOL Well finishing my laundry is quite the task. I wash it, fold it and hardly ever put it up. Ridiculous I know because all the hard work is already done, but I don't and we keep it real here. Well all that folded laundry ended up in piles in our room.

Poker night was a success!! Jake won some money and the guys had a lot of fun. Chantel, Michelle and I went to Ruggles Green for dinner and then met the guys at Yardhouse for drinks after. It was delicious and a great time! By time we got home I was tired and ready to get in bed.



S A T U R D A Y

Saturday morning Jake and I woke up and met Jake's boss, Frank, at Starbucks. He was giving Jake golf clubs to practice with. I had a soy latte, my favorite, and we just hung out. I had every intention to do my long run, but nope. I just wasn't feeling it. We dropped off some clothes at the cleaners and got kolaches and donuts to bring back to the apartment for breakfast. We got home around 10:45 and Adam and Chantel were just waking up. We ate breakfast and then took Ava to the dog park. We wanted her to get some energy out.

After an hour of watching Ava run a muck, we went home and watched The Switch while Adam and Chantel took showers. We went to La Centerra to get lunch and get our nails done. We went to Torchy's Taco's and it was awesome!! All the hype is so true and they were worth the wait. After lunch we went to get our nails done and the guys walked around.


I got a much needed pedi and had all intentions of getting a mani, but got acrylic nails instead. I think it will force my butt to get into the nail salon more often. I get ingrown toenails quite often and getting my toes done at the salon is perfect because they get them out for me. We shall she how I like them and if I don't I will get them off. After getting our nails done, we stopped in Trader Joe's. Love! I got some coconut oil to use for my skin, cooking, etc. I could have spent a lot longer in there, but for the guys sake we left.

We went back to the apartment to hang out and relax for a little bit and then went to Gino's East for dinner. It was FABULOUS!!! We went twice last week. You just can't beat Chicago Deep Dish Pizza! After dinner we went back to the apartment and just hung out. We were all sleepy and ready for bed.


S U N D A Y

Sunday morning I was going to get up and run, but it was pouring down rain outside. Whomp. I knew I should of ran Saturday. Call us crazy, but we washed our cars in the rain. My car was so dirty I would have to wipe my hands off when I closed the trunk. It had grey/black stripes on it from dirt. Even though it is going to rain for a couple days, my car is not as dirty as it was. Again, my hunter boots came in handy because that is what I washed my car in. My feet were dry and warm.




After we finished washing our cars, we ate lunch and watched the Spurs vs. Bulls game. Well I watched about half of it and then feel asleep. Clearly I was not that interested in the game. I was just tired and the weather was rainy and let's be real it was perfect napping weather.

After they left, Jake and I did laundry, cleaned the apartment and watched some of our shows. My parents called wanting to hang out with us, so we went to dinner with them. It was delicious and I always enjoy the company of my parents. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!

Overall the weekend was another great weekend, but the time change really messed with me. I really love that extra hour of sleep and am not loving losing an hour of sleep. I am hoping my body with quickly adjust to the new time.

I hope you had a great weekend!!

Love,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to come to my blog and share some love! I always enjoy reading your comments and they always make my day a little bit brighter! Thanks for stopping by!

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS